Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I’ve extracted Yen from my setup. So my current 1 is CAD and GBP in 7th. I still use Dennis’s formula to establish the rankings, I just exclude YEN completely in the final total.

I’m not too stubborn to add it back, but more then likely at least for the remaining of the year, I’m out on all Yen pairs.

1 Like

back to a sideways moving market

1 Like

Hi Dennis
I was just wondering how frequently do you post your strong weak rankings for the currencies as I find this information helpful.
All the best

Dude, you can just scroll up and see for yourself as to how often he post.

2 Likes

@01tommy I encourage you to start at the first post until the present day to get fully up to speed. It may take a day or 2 but it’s worth it.

end of each trading day

2 Likes

Now we are getting a little more action, US stocks are having a good day and Yen is down, finally something normal in this crazy market.

1 Like

I will be taking the rest of the week off from Trading, After tonight’s post I will not be back until Sunday. With this back and forth market I don’t think I will be missing out on much.

2 Likes

Enjoy the time off Dennis!

1 Like

turn around day for all the weak currencies, CHF even briefly overtook Yen but faded at the close, I would say Yen may be ready to head back to #8 but it has fooled us in the past. As I noted on Sunday the commodity currencies are making a run here, how long it last is the question.

As I posted earlier, this will be my last post until Sunday, everyone have a great week

5 Likes

In Dennis’ absence, I will post the Strong/Weak Rankings today and tomorrow, using his formula.

Save your questions and comments until Dennis returns.

11 Likes

A better daily advice would be =

Take the time to read the thread while he is away

That would let any new readers know the situation immediately

Without the need to ask further question

Thanks

PS: thanks for the daily update, much appreciated by the silent majority :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update Clint!

Thanks for the update Clint!

6 Likes

Hey Clint, do happen to have access to one of Dennis’ rolling spreadsheets. I wanted to go back 2-3 months worth of Strong->Weak values and double-check the charts to see how each currency/pair did.

I’m getting the same rankings you are, but the original way. Having a table chart would be more efficient. Using TradingView charts (or another resource), how do you get a table chart to include the 200SMA?

If you are asking for several months of Ratings and Rankings (what Dennis posts every day),
I can give you 16 weeks of Dennis’ figures (see below).

If you are asking for the prices and SMA’s that he plugged into his formula, sorry I don’t have that data.

Here are Dennis’ Ratings and Rankings from April 27 through August 17 (in order from most recent to oldest).

Note that FRIDAY’S figures are REPEATED at the beginning of each following week.

7 Likes

Perfect! Exactly what I wanted. Now I have some homework to do. Thanks Clint

Hi @Ngula_Kalili

Refering to your post 873.

I am quite new to this strategy, and while looking for a backtest post I found this. Did you achive this magnificent results by entering a pair when it gives a strongest/weakest signal (combination of position 1 and 8) and exist when it crosses 200 SMA in other direction?