Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I’ve created an EA that trades 1-3 vs 6-8. The expert advisor ensures that I don’t miss a trade, and using more than just 1 & 8 ensures I get into trades early. I do have additional entry criteria that must be met. Same for exits: crossing the MA, reversal in strength, etc amongst others triggers closing the positions.

1 Like

Hi Ngula,

Would you feel comfortable sharing the EA with the rest of us as well as the rest of your criteria? Or did I ask the forbidden question? Please feel free to not even respond.

Norm

Good week for the CHF but unless you were trading it against the Yen you did not make much, Current top SW trade GBPCHF* is up about 50 pips from its entry. Still a tight market with the trends not happening, we need a member of the Euro to threaten to leave the EU, that might shake things up

1 Like

GBPUSD* has been our best trade of the year, this is the type of trend we want to see more of, it has just been slim pickings this year, but that is all part of trading, and another reason most traders lose, as they will abandon a proven system after a few bad months.

2 Likes

Hi Norman,
I can’t give away the goose that lays the golden egg.

Ngula…Ready to pay for good EA

Very well said, Nguli :innocent:

Happy Trading,
Norm

Let’s get back on topic.

1 Like

Would it be accurate to say that due to British Bank Holiday today, that the S vs W analysis will probably not play out as we would expect until tomorrow?

I pulled these numbers about 30 min early, it is clear we are seeing a rotation out of the USD and Yen and into everything else, which does not make for a good SW trade as both strong and weak currencies are getting stronger, so either sit tight or find an entry shorting Yen or USD

Here are a couple non SW Trades I am watching for an entry, first is EURGBP, Range bound for about a year we have a nice breakout above 0.9000 if it can hold that breakout point then a move to last years high of 0.9300 looks likely

Then we have USDCAD* this thing has been zig-zagging higher, but what happens if it breaks this pattern, you could see a big selloff and that is what I am playing for,

1 Like

Hi Dennis, Some of my readings are very different from yours, mainly the weaker side. I think I have been accurate.

The USD is weaker then the Yen so not sure how you are getting your numbers

Apologies. I used the daily sma.

I started a job last week so I have stopped doing the 4-hour now and this is where the confusion came in. I updated my table at weekend but my broker had deleted all my set-up’s on MT4 so have had to redo this. It is backed up now.

Top Trade GBPCHF* had a move lower and is currently up about +70 pips from its entry point, AUDCHF* is still about 20 pips in the red,

1 Like

Some pretty good action today in our top SW trades, first GBPCHF* was up 180 pips before reversing and AUDCHF* got into the green after a 3-day pullback

Looks like AUDCAD and AUDCHF may pull back!

Big reversal today in the Yen, but CHF did best against the Yen and Top SW Trade AUDCHF topped the +100 pip mark giving us two winners in a row, if we just stay out of those Yen trades we should be alright

2 Likes

@Dennis,any reason why the yen trades are doing so poorly lately?