Trading together

Hi everyone,
I’m starting afresh with my trading and living in the UK. Is there anyone interested in a house/flat share where we analyze and trade the markets together. We all focus on a strategy, intensively practice for a month and go live as soon as we feel comfortable doing so.

We set some ground rules that contribute to enhancing our performance, health, sleep etc. The aim is to make it because we know we’ve got what it takes.

All constructive suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Is the “Trading House” somewhere in Cornwall close to the superb windsurfing spots?

Hi Kashmaster, I’ve not decided on a location yet. I’m at Moreton-in-Marsh and open to relocate as long as rent is reasonable and with fast internet connection.

Heard Cornwall is a beautiful place.

U.K. Cyprus would be even a better option, near Dhekelia water sports club…:grin: also because of tax purposes, the long run maybe i plan to found a hedge fond

:grinning: everything is possible!

The aim is to get really good at what we do and once we can achieve that we wouldn’t need to worry about managing other people’s money… who knows things evolve

I vote for Cyprus- because after a typical trading day like today (absolute amount is not so important,depends on someones stake, just take the overall pips (around 13) and especially my winner/looser ratio, thats the result of research-work), i would celebrate in Agya Nappa -Nissi beach with dutch and british tourists…:sweat_smile:

So i am not really a beginner, i am on the jump to go in big business-but it is an interesting idea to do this business somewhere abroad seaside like to share the trading idea with partners for larger investments.

Do you have own funds to settle up a Trading-Spot or how would you organize that?

:smiley: have you been to Cyprus/ do you know anyone who lives there? I read a little on it and it seems to be a nice place. I’m very much aware that reading about a place is nothing compared to living locally.

I didn’t trade yesterday (10/06/19) as I’ve been at work though I have 2 open trades on Demo from last Thursday still running.

I would qualify myself as a beginner though I’m not new to trading as I have tried different things and taken a course. I keep learning everyday and I’m sincerely willing and ready to go live again. I still have a lot to learn and I am happy to share all I know so far. I’ve gone live a couple of times but lacked the necessary skills, confidence and discipline, I had very small stops and lost a lot of trades that would have otherwise won, I’ve also taken what could be qualified as silly trades that I’d only realize after they’d been taken and other trades I just thought were the right ones but ended up being wrong. I still need to improve on my entries and I believe I’m on the right track.

I agree with the overall pips and win loss ratio and I have also learnt that it is not the amount of pips but the lot size that matters. Taking a few quality trades is all that is needed. Consistently taking good quality trades and gradually increasing the lot size according to risk parameters is a sure way to grow fast … this is the conclusion I’ve reached though I’m still learning.

As for funds, I wait tables at the moment hence the reason I mentioned a place where rent is reasonable, with fast internet connection. I just would like to focus on trading now and do so with like minded people, discuss/share trade ideas and other possible investments ideas but we’d start with trading and take it from there. We’ll do this while having a great time, focusing on our health and personal growth etc. All of this is open to other ideas or suggestions.

1.Cyprus is a good place, not only from the financial point of view-i have been there and know the island a little, but someone has to be a mediterenean personality to live and work there.,otherwise he wouldn’t feel good on such an island.

2…a few quality trades …
Exactly thats the point, so you are on the right track- for example until now from today morning i took 13 trades, no single loosing trade, no open positions and i stop trading for today:

Would i be now on Cyprus, i would either go to Dhekelia watersports club or drive around with my motor
Yacht :grin:-
OK, if you seriously plan to set up a professional trading circle, let me know-maybe we find cooperation

Your two trades are interesting -i took a look on them- the first one was yesterday nice in profit-why didn’t you take it, it was close to your TP target?

:+1: sounds and looks very good to me. I’ve always wanted to live with great sea view or by the sea and that’s where I certainly will.

From what I see it looks like you take your profits and run. Do you sometimes hold your trades for longer?

:joy: right behind you on my yacht too :wink: rest assured it will be real soon.

I am serious that’s why I put up the post in the first place and I am ready to give trading all it takes!

Thanks! I was at work when that happened and didn’t get to see it. I only saw it when I came back and I slept off right after replying to you. Now I look at the charts and ask why I didn’t just close it as soon as I sent it but then I just slept off. I guess that’s also one of the issues with demo trading. Perhaps if it were live would I have left it… who knows.

That turned out as my passion when i entered the forex market-hit and run like an ambush-i don’t know why but i fell deep in love with that kind of trading when i realized the volatility in the forex pairs. It’s like you need some money, grap in a cashbox and take out some bucks🤣(but i was not a bankrobber before👼)
For beginners it looks very easy to make ten or more consecutive winners a day, but if they try to achieve that over a whole month or just a week it ends in a desaster for them- without exercise you may have luck some times going in and going out ,but on the long run you end in minus.So there are many “working hours” behind to detect certain hidden patterns, which give you the “trigger moments”.
Actually i don’t hold trades longer than some minutes, but i also have an eye for longer term movements on larger time frames-so far i didn’t put that on commercial level, its just guessing what could happen

:grinning: That was actually the first way I started trading before I learnt to trade, though I always went for 5 pips or 10 pips. Then I learnt what price action and support/resistance was and started looking at longterm and higher time frames. Though I must admit there is so much thrill in scalping and it needs more screen time during market open hours. I thought it was probably best to learn other ways as I was loosing more than I was making though at the same token I now know my stops were too tight and my entries weren’t optimal. They both have their benefits as long as one knows what they are doing. The last two trades you saw weren’t taken at optimal entries either because they were taken right in the middle of the range on the lower part of a much bigger range on the weekly timeframe though I took the trades on the 3 minute timeframe and saw that later. I woke up thinking price will go to the bottom of the range or at least hit profit. I still expect price will do just that as the overall trend is bearish and price is consolidating before taking the next leg. Unless of course if it decides to stay within the bigger range. As we all know with trading, time will tell :slight_smile:

The “gods of the market” push you to the trading style that fits best for someone-but as in every field some learn it and some never will learn it.
Your analysis of entry/exit points follow logical rules, so i am sure you will succeed in the long run- its only a question how much time you invest

Indeed, practice makes perfect!

Finally one of the positions was closed at 56 pips today and the other is still open and at 105 pips but I’ve moved my SL to 104 pips as my platform won’t allow me close it now.

Hope you had a great week!

It may turn out to be a difficult task for you to achieve your trading goals when working in team as you may destruct from your trading goals if your team mate has different objectives from trading here. We can’t ignore the importance of our own thinking. Actually I never heard that working or living in same places benefits traders to work efficiently like you are actually thinking.

:+1: Thanks a lot for bringing another perspective to this.

Living together and analyzing trades together in this case means bringing different views and perspectives to the table, learning from one another and taking the best approach, encouraging one and another’s skills, psychology, patience, mental toughness, health etc all in the name of getting better at what we do.

This is actually the basis of any organization or enterprise… they work towards the same goal with each and everyone coming from different backgrounds and having their own thinking while cohabiting in the same space for a few hours.

Traders work in the same place and cohabit in the same place for a few hours everyday when they go to work anywhere in the world. This doesn’t mean that we have to take the same trades or have the same risk parameters but ensuring we encourage one another in a positive way to bring out the best and reach our goals.

There are a lot of things that have never been heard of that have succeeded today.

I actually saw this quote today on fabulous “Doubt kills dreams more than failure ever will” - Suzy Kaseem

Thanks again for your perspective for it enabled me think again and ask the question if there should be written guidelines on how to go about it.

I look forward to discussing more on the pros and cons

In addition, living together we will surely be looking at diversifying and other ways to invest and contribute to the society. We’d also have lots of fun while were at it. Rest assured everyone has a right to their private life and we’ll certainly evolve from living together… :smiley:

Maybe; tradingview with be a useful option for you since; there have so many market analysis! Although, I am not following others analysis.