Trading while working 9-5

Thank you so much for your knowledge! I appreciate it so much and will not take it lightly!

I’m going to extensively research this method using the page that Joe Ross wrote apart of his trading manual, I’ll go over it again and again until I understand it precisely and will let you know how I get on so thank you :pray:

I will also look at this and do the same once I’ve fully understood the camelback so thank you :star_struck:

I can’t thank you enough for putting me on to this information, I thank you & your wisdom, This is what I was looking for in terms of a direction to go to kickstart my trading so thank you once again Flamingo you’re the best! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you saying this technique works in both stocks & forex? :eyes:

Was the different settings you used better than Joe Ross’s?

Thank you for replying to my post

That is all great to know and also motivational that it is possible to trade around work hours! I will look into this further :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response it’s been really helpful and motivational to know that it is possible!

I shall incorporate all of this into my current routine/strategy and will treat it as gospel :slight_smile:

When I succeed I shall pay you back for your help and wisdom thank you! :sunglasses: I shall let you know when I have more questions! I appreciate you taking time out for your response

When do I quit work? Well I mean I’m thinking of getting a work from home job around March or did you mean something else like what time I finish work? which is 17:00.

I currently live in the UK :slight_smile:

Thank you for letting me know this, I shall have a look at both New York & London for those reasons and see if I can fit my strategy to those times :slight_smile: I live in the UK so the time difference shouldn’t be too off, I think I’m an hour infront of you?

1 Like

I wasn’t (but I see no reason why it wouldn’t. I trade only forex futures and index futures, not individual stocks.)

I was just saying that it’s a great rarity for institutional and retail traders to use the same methods. At all. Ever. But the Camelback is really used by both groups.

I don’t know. We just used a 10-bar EMA instead of 15 as he said, and used it also to close the runner (last third of the position) when it changed direction. Optional!

I got an email from Flamingo last night. He says he won’t come here again after this thread and he really means it, because the forum’s admin has been lying to him in private correspondence, about the bots, I joined this forum only 6 weeks ago at Flamingo’s invitation, and will be leaving, too. The forum values scammers, spammers and bots much more than real members. A great shame, but there are other forums without these problems.

Good luck.

1 Like

HI Professor. Please can you explain more about automatic trading. I’ve heard about it but never really looked into it.

Hi, generally automatic trading is a trading via Expert Advisor also call EA. It is a code installed in trading platform like Meta Trader 4 which execute and manage trades instead of you. Of course, you have to know how to build and test strategy to achieve strategies which will have a chance to be profitable in the future.

I posit that the answer to this question will depend largely on the strategy you eventually decide on.

1 Like

Personally I know that it is possible to trade while working a 9 to 5. All you do is find a strategy that allows you to look at the charts once per day. Either in the morning or evening after work.
That’s what I do even though I do not have a 9-5 as you ask, but I got some sh*t to do with my time.

1 Like

Ohright yes I see, Thank you for helping me understand, I’m still a novice so still trying to understand!

Oh wow very sad!

I’ve only been on the forums for 2 weeks but I love and appreciate the help & wisdom I can get.

I appreciate and applaud you and Flamingo for taking your time out to help and answer my questions.

What is the next best FX forums to use if you Pro’s are migrating?

1 Like

If you’re working full-time, the D1 time-frame can be practical, you will just need to see the chart after the NY close, and set your entry and stop-loss orders from that. Forget about live entries and managing positions, set your orders, sleep, work and come back the next night.

Trend-following strategies fit this style. Plan your response if trend continues - you may wish to pyramid. Plan what you will do if price spikes in your direction.

Never set an entry order without an attached stop-loss order. After NY closes Friday night, don’t set any entry orders until it has closed Monday night.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, It’s made things a lot clearer for me!

I’m currently looking at the Camelback technique that Flamingo suggested so I will incorporate what you said about the NY Close and only enter after the Monday Close!

Sounds good. You could be more aggressive and start entering orders during the NY Monday session. But spreads when only Asia is open and has only just opened can be so wide that everything gets triggered: then when you look at the chart you find you have entered where price never reached and where you never would have pressed the buy/sell button if you’d been watching.

1 Like

Okay brilliant that’s good to know!

What is Pyramid?

Pyramiding can be used when you have a position which has gone well into profit but you expect price will continue moving in your chosen direction. As in trend-following.

It is simply adding another position to the one already open. The trigger for this could be another chart entry signal, or it could simply be the profit level the trade has reached. It’s recommended that the stop-loss for the initial trade is adjusted so that you are not increasing your capital risk.

It’s easier to do than to explain but it reduces your win rate so it’s worth demo trading to make sure you have the technique straight.

2 Likes

I’ll miss you both @flamingoproxy and @Pipsteroid.

I learned so much from you two. The forums won’t be as fun and informative without you.

Thank you for all your contributions to the babypips forums.

Godspeed.

1 Like

I feel very lucky to get the massive help & wisdom I did from them :pensive:

If I would’ve made this post a day later I would’ve missed the opportunity! :open_mouth:

I don’t really know them as I’m a fresh novice to the forums however in the interactions I have so luckily had with them I can tell they are true professionals in their craft :frowning:

I will not take any of their advice for granted!

1 Like

Here’s to them and here’s to you. :beers:

Les Misérables: 26- Drink With Me (youtube.com)

1 Like

hahah yeah I meant finishing, not quitting :smiley: yes actually you are one hour infront and during winter even 2 hours (or was it the way around :thinking:) non sense daylight saving…

yes you really should check the characteristic of each trading session, it seems that price moves sideways during asian session, trends during london and reveres during N.Y. session. so if you finish work at 5pm you could focus on N.Y.-session-pairs and apply a reversal strategy. Happy trading :smiley:

2 Likes