Trading Wisdom No. 1 - “90 x 90 Loser Rule”

There are two guarantees in forex trading: You’re guaranteed to make money, and you’re also guaranteed to lose money. As forex trading is a probability game, it either goes up or down, so you are supposed to have a 50 to 50 probability.

However, there is a rule called “90 x 90 Loser Rule” which states that “90 percent of traders will lose their risk capital within their first 90 days of trading”.

Why? Because in reality, most traders ended up losing money due to their failure to see the right perspectives and to trade in the right direction. They fail to learn to take care of the downside, and fail to learn to become a good loser. They just wanted to win from every trade and they didn’t have good risk management mentality.

1 Like

A simple explanation of trading.

This didn’t’ click for me initially. Like you said, I was just worried about the wins.

I’ve never heard of this one before. I just knew that 90% of traders lose but didn’t realize there’s a time frame. :scream:

1 Like

You’re missing a third 90! It’s the 90/90/90 rule that you are referring to. 90% of traders lose 90% of their account within 90 days. Or something along those lines.

1 Like

@ponponwei Please take a look at this video.

@QuadPip Haha, yes, you are right! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

To me, they will lose all their money, not only 90%! :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

90% better than all of it I suppose? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@ponponwei That certainly is better! :grinning::grinning:

I want to know this topic Trading wisdom created by yourself or is there any source? I like this topic, trading wisdom…thanks

No It’s not just “His wisdom” - I’ve seen it in many places - Anton Kreil for example ;

2 Likes

Thanks, need more info about this trading wisdom if you have…appreciate it :ok_hand:

@halimsug Yes, this thread is created by me for the newbies. The trading wisdom posted are from various successful winner traders as well as the reflections of those wise traders. You can find them everywhere on the internet and in many bookstores. All wisdom in life are UNIVERSAL, they don’t own by anyone! I am not that smart and wise, it costed me over several decades and losing lots of monies to learn and realize these wisdom. I created this thread is just to compile the useful trading wisdom together basing on my personal trading & life experience and enlightenment to help shorten the time of the newbies’ learning curve. They are by no means originated from me. Happy trading! Cheers! :grinning::grinning::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for answer, i dont know but i think newbies hard to understand coz they still searching for holygrail haha, the one who has more experience of trading will see that this trading wisdom are truly right. Anyway thanks for compile it, i ll keep it n sharing it with my team credited by you of course if you allow.

Good luck too Mich, hope all the best for you

1 Like

@halimsug Haha, you can use it freely, no need to credit me. Hope it helps your team. :muscle::muscle: