Trading Wisdom No. 7 – “You don’t need to know what will happen next to become the winner!”

Whenever a new Crisis arises, some traders like to ask me about the fate or the impact of the Crisis, I told them why bother to guess whether the Crisis could be solved or getting worse!

To us as a System trader, we just follow the market price. As the prices move, they will tell the truth, they will tell everything. Every happening will be reflected in the price movements.

The beauty in System trading is you don’t need to predict, anticipate, hope, guess, forecast, speculate, presume, etc… You just need to follow the price movements, up-trend, down-trend or sideways trend.

Dear Traders, so what you need to do is just “plan your trade and trade your plan”. If you are trading with a system, when the market reaches your Entry level, just pull your trigger then; and when it reaches your Exit level, just take your profit with whatever comes along, don’t be greedy, be happy and grateful to the market; and if it is a loss, accept it gracefully as losing is part of the winning game!

Like those great sportsmen, after reaching their “Finishing Line”, take a rest, celebrate, preserve their energy and wait for the next round again!

1 Like

reading so many posts on here especially from newbies, why do so many people who are flirting with trading, expect it to be a science or there to be sort of mystical formula ,they missing the point from the start

2 Likes

It is pretty formulaic actually. Not sure if I’d call it mystical though. If it weren’t formulaic then you wouldn’t be able to use market structure and PA for your analysis to arrive at a trading decision.

What point do you think they are missing?

@QuadPip @greenscorpio

Interesting points. I think that ever since the Oracle of Adelphi we are accustomed to thinking anything to do with the future involves a secret method or divine intervention.

you can see it now with Fibonacci ratios, Elliot wave or Bradley turn dates.

I think new traders like to believe this mystiscm, and are turned off by the fact successful trading is systematic, process orientated, thinking in probabilities and actually very boring.

2 Likes

Also having a secret method takes away the hard work, who wouldn’t want that?

2 Likes

i did nt explain myself well enough i meant an "an exact science " as if its black and white unaware of the randomness

been successful is to do with psychology

the beauty of trading is the endless choices and decisions you can make,