Trading with 20 $ account and risking 2 % per trade

Hello,

I would like to trade using 20 $ account and risking only 2 % every trade. Now I am using Pepperstone broker where minimum lost size is 0.01. If I want to trade risking only 2 % per trade with 20 $ account I believe I need 0.001 lot size (nano lot). When I tried to enter trade EURUSD in Tradingview, I was allowed to enter a trade using 0.01 lot size, but risking around 40 % of my account… Can someone help me to find a way how to trade with 20 $ account and risking up to 2 % per trade?

P. S. Pepperstone allows to use 1:30 leverage.

1 Like

Yes, you can use 2% risk but not always. Initially don’t hold your trades for a long time. Try to take entries for short positions so that any loss doesn’t cause any harm to your capital.

1 Like

you need a broker that offers better granularity (smaller position sizes) than Pepperstone, to do that

Oanda does - and some others

2 Likes

IMO, the odds are not in your favour to prevent you blowing your account with such tiny leeway. USA stats over 5 years say that 85% of traders are destined to fail.

Maybe you could defeat the odds. Best of luck.

BTW the failure rate is mostly due to overtrading, revenge trading, and gambling with the risk exposure, as is lack of discipline and patience.

1 Like

Why are you trading with only $20?

Why not trade demo while saving up money?

1 Like

Yes, you can do so. Try to find out a good broker for trading that offers a whopping deposit bonus because it will help you extend your lot size to earn more.

1 Like

that’s exactly the opposite of what you should do

good brokers don’t offer “whopping bonuses” because they don’t need to

these threads will both help you, Ibrahim, if you read them carefully:-

to sustain 2% risk for all time is really a difficult task , need a powerful risk management first of all.

Does Oanda offer better gratuity? I use their demo account but yet to open a live account with them.

better “granularity”, yes - meaning you can open the tiniest position-sizes there, smaller than 0.01 lots

they’re not bad at all, for a counterparty market-maker - they’re honest and properly regulated, anyway, they should be ok for you, i think - they’re much better than most of the horrible brokers you’ll see discussed in this forum

Hi @balsarunas - Just to go back a step, what do you mean by risking 2% or 40% or XX% of your account?

In trading, percent of account capital risked always means the percentage of your present account capital which you would lose of the trade hit your stop-loss.

It does not indicate the size of your position (or anything else).

1 Like

Maybe he is trying to check whether he can make money or not. It can be a great adventure.

1 Like

It’s not possible with the leverage of 1:30. You need to either get an account at the broker that allows higher leverage or a broker that provides a Cent account.
Even the cheapest AUD/USD pair with 1:30 would need more than $20 for a micro lot.

1 Like