TradingView Platform

Anyone using the TradingView platform, what are your thoughts?

I’m going to try it out for a few days, I currently use MT4 and find it very user friendly, but the problem is that it’s a program so charts can’t be synced over multiple computers.

I trade from home and from work, so i’m basically doing twice the analysis, so a central platform is very intriguing to me.

I personally have not used it however I know of good traders who do. Al Brooks is one of them and he is a professional.

So that speaks volumes

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

Use it, love it, for whatever that is worth. I have a work computer in office and a laptop at home. Charts are the same, regardless of where I am.
If you are like me, you’ll keep wanting more charts, alerts, or something that is limited and have to upgrade. I’m on Pro+, which is prefect for me.

1 Like

Thanks, Blackduck. Was playing around with it last night. I will give it some time to get used to.

Thanks for your feedback, cigarmanstan.

It’s going to take some time to get used to, but I want to give it a chance. I’m hesitant to pay for something I’ve been doing for free over the last year, but there might be some benefits to having my charts always synchronized.

However, there is an advantage to double analyzing, sometimes you see things differently when you clear your chart and start over.

I have a journal through Google Docs where I do my analysis on each chart, plan my setups, then take a screenshot and paste it into an ongoing document (journal) with an explanation of my setup that I can pull up in the evening to reference. After a few days or weeks I’ll post another one right underneath to show how the pair is moving in comparison to my analysis.

Is Google Docs secure??

I use NotionSo.com.

Cheers

Blackduck

I use TV too. Pay for Pro+ too. So far so good.

And I use Google Docs personally and for work. Plenty secure. On Google, you can set alerts for when strange IPs try to log into your account, get alerts of time and place of logins, set up 2FA, use your phone to secure login, password reminders and alerts, and see what devices have used your account.

Notion is cool. Do you pay for an upgraded plan. Care to share what you put in your journal? Always interested to see what others record about their trading. How elaborate or not it is.

1 Like

This is just a snap shot of how I do my personal post and how I set up my trading journal.

Cheers

Blackduck

3 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty cool! You got a system down, that’s great. Did you end up doing a year end review for 2019?

I couldn’t do it. I tried but ultimately MT4 won out despite the synchronized charts.

But that’s okay because what I’m doing is working for me, and that’s what counts.

1 Like

No I work on the financial calendar and here in Australia our financial year goes from 1st July to the 30th June. So 30th of June 2020 will be when I do a yearly total.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

Tradingview is good platform with different charts.

1 Like

I gave it another go and have been using this platform exclusively now for a few weeks.

What do you know, maybe a leopard can change its spots after all :wink:

The most important thing is that there is an opportunity to analyze the value of assets on different markets, it is very convenient, especially if you cooperate with different brokers, but if you are not sure what assets, or more precisely what exchanges you need - check with the managers of your broker;

1 Like

I think it is one of the most popular platforms for analysis, and there is also news and it can be considered very useful to check how honest your broker is. The chart matching is just great. And the speed is good, I can recommend it. There are different graphical settings. Anything that might come in handy, you’ll find…

1 Like

A great option for an independent resource with free features, the only thing a little annoying is advertising, but it is easy to minimize, plus there are many assets, tools, timeframes, there is something to work with…

1 Like

Hey Guys, Please check out my Tradingview account: https://uk.tradingview.com/u/LDForex_/
If you have any questions about trading or any advice feel free to drop me a message :smiley: