Trailing stop(how to use it)

Hi! I dont understand what means that number in trailing stop in xstation. Could you help me?

What Number ?
are you able to post a screenshot ?

Trailing stop is a kind of limit order where we set a stop loss order(an entry price) but the difference between the trailing stop and stop loss is that in trailing stop you are allowing your stop loss to move as per the changes in the price movements.

@Nathaniel_Imas
@softleon
Just one correction if i may

it’s not
AS PER THE CHANGES IN PRICE MOVEMENT

lets say you are in a SELL trade

say you enter HERE on this line----------------------------------------- the price doesn’t matter

let’s say it moves 10 pips to this line ------------------------------------

let’s say it now moves down more in profit
and it moves another 30 pips to this line ------------------------------------- (so… Total + 40 pips profit now)

at this point you decided to put on a TRAILING STOP LOSS OF 30 pips
it means that your STOP LOSS is (at this point) 10 pips in profit from your entry

and you have (Breathing space) of 30 pips

NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART
if you trade now moves down another 20 pips to this line ----------------------------------------- (+60 pips profit)
that’s great, the stop loss will then move as @Nathaniel_Imas said with PRICE MOVEMENT, this is correct

BUT, IF THE STOP LOSS NOW (at +30 pips profit) stays where it is because price is moving back up again
because it doesn’t move back when price moves back

and if the price goes back 31 pips… YOUR STOP LOSS IS TAKEN OUT
Granted you would have had 30 pips profit
but the point is

TRAILING STOP DOES NOT MOVE WITH PRICE IF PRICE IS MOVING BACK TOWARDS THE ENTRY LINE.

IT ONLY MOVES IF PRICE MOVES AWAY FROM THE ENTRY LINE
AND IT MAINTAINS THE DISTANCE THAT YOU SPECIFY

BUT YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS WHAT DOES THE NUMBER MEAN

WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU REFERRING TO ?