Transitioning: Demo to Real Account

Hi everyone,

How long did it take you to feel comfortable going from Demo acct to Real acct? I’ve been watching videos for like 4 months and also went on a 3 day course.

I’ve been trading for 2 days and made 6 trades with no losses.

GBPUSD $640.00
USDJPY $273.25
USDJPY $190.00
USDJPY $47.71
USDJPY $154.33
USDJPY $238.57

I’ve traded stocks here and there with a small acct. for a year but Forex is new to me. Any advice?

I’m trying to be ok with losing money but it’s hard to get over it.

Hi, resolve this :wink: Regards Greg

I only demo traded for like a week so the transition wasn’t as difficult! I did start with a small account though when I went live. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats some pretty big wins on your demo account, well done.

I was wondering, what is the size of your demo account balance and will it be the same as your real account balance?

The reason I ask is that I feel if you’re trading a demo account with an inflated balance it gives you more opportunity to manage risk and take bigger profits. So, moving to a smaller real account may be difficult.

Hey Luna, I believe that the timing of when to start trading is not as important as being prepared and having a solid plan in place.It’s great to hear that you’ve been seeing profits, I’m happy for you!

I think transition from demo to live account should happen when a trader finds himself in consistent profit on demo account.

Right. Which makes sense but as with everything, whatever works for you! That route didn’t work for me because I wasn’t taking my trading seriously. So if someone’s been demo trading for a while and feel like they’re not as “invested” (pun intended) maybe it’s time to try trading live with a tiny account. :slight_smile:

It took me some time before I finally traded live. I started with a small account. Trading live is very different from trading demo.

I never traded a demo account. All i did was open a cent account where a $1 equates $100cents.

@ponponwei

You moved to live trading like I should have. Demo is for figuring out indicators and how the platform works. Its a whole different world in live trading and I think its the only way to learn trading. To use 0.01 lots and enjoy the learning.

I did like most do and was in demo for at least 6 months. Wasted 5 months right there.

I know its different from person to person, but I do really think the learning starts when live trading starts.

1 Like

Yup. Nothing compares to losing actual money :joy:

1 Like

yes it is but gives us an idea for tools and indicators although!

Are you gaining sufficient profit now? I shifted to live account after using demo account two and a half months.

I used demo account for almost three months and then shifted to live account as my interest was dimming.

I’ve made about 37% so far ever since I started. Not bad! But my account is also very small :sweat_smile:

Yup this is exactly the point when someone should shift to trading live!

I do well in demo trading but the result in live trading becomes opposed to demo trading.

Yes it gives us an idea of how it will be.