Transportation crisis in the Philippines- What can we do to solve it?

The transportation crisis here in the Philippines has gotten a lot worse. :frowning: It’s really frustrating to have to spend 8 hours of everyday stuck in traffic. (This is the usual case for most people I know. EVEN MY MOM!) :confused: Obviously, there’s so much you can do with that amount of time. :frowning:

What do you think can and SHOULD be done about it? :open_mouth: What did your country do about this? :open_mouth: Or is it just a 3rd world country issue. :confused:

omg that’s crazy, I get stuck in traffic for almost an hour every morning going to work and I thought that was bad.

1 Like

I knew a chap once who used to sleep in his car Monday-Friday near his workplace. I wouldn’t recommend it though.

Is there no train service available? Maybe a motor bike would be able to cut through the traffic more quickly?

1 Like

my mother used to go to work a few hours before she had to start JUST to avoid the traffic. So, I’m not sure what they can do honestly. Not everyone knows how to ride a motor bike lol

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’d do. I would go to work hours early and leave late to avoid the rush hour. I’m not keen on motor bikes myself.

1 Like

That’s why remote work is becoming so popular nowadays. 8 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to be spending every single day just for commute! :exploding_head:

1 Like

mannnn if I can land a remote job where I might need to come in the office like once a month would be ideallll, especially since I trade also. It would make it so much easier. Right now, I only work from home on Wednesdays, but I can’t complain too much lol at least I have one day a week to work at home

1 Like

What caused the crisis to begin with?

1 Like

OMG. :confused: An hour commute is already such a blessing! :open_mouth: And may I add that most of our public transportation vehicles are either super hot or crowded. :confused:

Wow. :open_mouth: And he did this to avoid traffic? :open_mouth: That’s pretty intense. I can’t imagine how he was able to manage just staying in his car before and after work.

We have trains! :open_mouth: But the lines are also crazy looooong. And a lot of people think motor bikes are dangerous since there have been a lot of motor bike accidents in my country. :frowning:

We have Grab. (We also used to have Uber, but it’s been acquired by Grab.) But not everyone could afford paying the high rates just to be a bit more comfortable while still being stuck in traffic.

1 Like

Yeah. :open_mouth: That’s true. :confused: There’s so much you can do within that 8 hours if you just get to spend it at home, or somewhere you feel most productive.

Yeah. :smiley: I guess that’s great for now justshell! Don’t worry. Once you’re profitable enough as a full-time trader, you wouldn’t have to commute to work. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about that too. :confused: There are a lot of possible reasons. Too many cars? Questionable traffic rules and regulations? Disobedient drivers? :frowning:

Do you also experience heavy traffic in your country @mlawson71?

thanks, @ria_rose ! that’s one of my main goals, is to eventually be able to go full time with trading. I’ve had a lot of people try to discourage me about it, but f*** them. It’s going to happen

1 Like

You have the option to use one of these electric scooters. I mean those foot powered ones but now they are electric battery powered. They have a range of 25 km and can scoot at 15 km/h or more. They are everywhere now. You can ride them standing or some have seats installed in them. Segways are another option.

Or why don’t they install underground metro or overground monorail ?

That’s the spirit! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: I mean, they don’t really get a say in your decisions because they won’t be the ones paying your bills! :smiley:

Oooh. :open_mouth: I’ve been thinking about this too. :open_mouth: But, I realized that given our super shitty drainage system, we’ll just have those flooded after a few minutes of rain. :frowning: HAAAAAY. There’s so much to fix! It’s like, all these problems are super connected and you can’t solve one without solving the others. :frowning:

Love it! :muscle:

You need to build roads for that matter - otherwise it’s all dull anyway for whatever reason you may really have there for anything. Can you do that please or not ? I do want to make it going with it. Can we really need that much or not ? Everyone have a car on old roads.