Trend mirror image of itself

So I don’t know how to explain properly. I noticed a trend. It’s an upward trend and it looked like it was going to mirror itself within the upward trend, so I expected there to be a drop at the end, and that’s exactly what happened. I don’t know if this is already a thing? Or if it is, is there a name for it?
I’ve uploaded an image of the trend I saw, as you can see it’s kind of like a mirror image of itself (loosely). I’ve put a vertical line in between the two shapes to show where the separation is, and where the mirror image is?
Is this a common trend that traders look for? I can’t seem to find anything on the internet about it? Or have I completely made this up and talking absolute rubbish? :joy:

Before I even saw the price axis I knew this was a price chart of a cryptocurrency. I have some theories on why price is doing that, but I don’t think it’s something you will see any place else and probably not a pattern that will persist for long. Really though it’s just a channel with some very fast, odd movements back and fourth within the channel.

Never seen this on a daily chart except similar disjointed price action from some smallcaps with low volume and usually tiny penny prices. The TA on that stuff is so unreliable and the spreads so great I never trade them or anything with a chart like this. Charts are supposed to help, not trip you up.

See this all the time on the 4hr.

I wouldnt call it a trend, but price is ranging between a trend/price channel.

You’ll get a few bounces off the upper and lower trend lines until price finally breaks thru.

After that, price will either breakout or start ranging again at new trend levels, then will breakout.