Trend Runner

Hi, isnt your initial SL 100 pips?

What’s that mean “[U][B][I]My Candle hours are 1-5-9-1-5-9[/I][/B][/U]”? I don’t understand.
Can you explain?

Hey flam,

Yes it is. Unless there is an established S&R. If there is, that becomes my SL.

-ILZ

Hey rexleon,

My candles on Oanda are at 1 PM, 5 PM, 9 PM, 1 AM, 5 AM & 9 AM. I do not always catch the candle that ends at 9 AM.

-ILZ

ahh thanks for the clarification… my bad for not reading properly…

No problem friend. :57:

-ILZ

was your euro/usd short closed out? 1.30285 peak on my broker…

Question: what do you do with situations like this (consider that you have no S/R or MA close by)? Do you enter on each signal? Or wait for the price to clear a bit the Supertrend?

the idea is that I have seen in testing that you can get whipsawed 2-3 times in a row like this - taking a short when price closes below the SuperTrend, next candle closes above you exit the trade, then again the same thing repeats itself. It’s kinda frustrating. :slight_smile:

Just as a note, the testing was made taking every signal, so even these unpleasant situations described above

ILZ, you did not understand my question. The MM is very clear. It is not clear the re-entry rule or this mysterious “30 pip” buffer after the break (not when you already entered the trade). Again:

1. (Long case: above SMA and supertrend). The candle breaks resistance and closes only 20 pips above this resistance. Do you trigger the trade?[B] If not, do you wait the next close or just set a limit to +30 from what? From the resistance or from the candle that first closed above the resistance?[/B]
  2. Is this scenario applied always, i.e. for both the first (rare) SMA break and for the subsequent re-entries?
    Please, can you specify in detail your setups, possibly with a chart?

Appendix. @rexleon snaphost is not a true entry. It did not break the current support. ILZ, am I right?

Thanks for the stats, very useful.

I’ll try to explain.
Let’s say you were in a long trade and you were taken out. You will re-enter the market on the next bull candle if:

1. Price closes above supertrend and MA
  2. There are at least 30 pips between the current price and the next confirmed resistance level.

The opposite holds true for short trades.
Hope that helps.

I agree. But I think the break of resistance + 30 pips buffer needs to be applied always, also for the first crossover. ILZ, am I right? May you confirm?

I try to use your trade, this afternoon, i trade on eur/usd im go short at 1.2971 and stop lost 1.3075
Wish me luck… :slight_smile:

What I have noticed is that on the first crossover, there is usually no S/R level close by, but if it is, the rule still applies.

Hi… Ilzalama

• Whether any open orders should you wait for the candle close?
  • If I open sell orders (already missed 6 candles after price break SMA200), Basic consideration is the price already break S/R Line. Is it too late?

And How about this position

• Should I wait until candle close or what else?

I am so looking forward to your answer.
Thanks in advance

If I have understood the system’s rules, you have to wait in both cases that current candle close above/under EMA/resistance respectively. Also you have to wait 30 pips away them (for confirmation) after new candle open.

Hope Ilzalama could confirm that.

Bye

Today I’ve opened this trade:

Do you agree? Details are:

AUD/USD

• Open @0.99120
  • Close @0.99060

Bye

I have currently 7 open trades and all of them are already secured with some profit.
AUDUSD short, EURJPY long, EURUSD short, GBPUSD short, NZDUSD short, USDCHF long, USDJPY, long

As you may have noticed, I have added the last major pair that was not in ILZ bucket and I have taken out GBPJPY. From the tests that I have made, this pair had the lowest results, even negative, mainly due to high volatility. I did not feel too comfortable trading it and anyhow, 8 pairs with NZDUSD it’s a loooot to trade.

As I said, I currently have 7 open trades (on live, that is) and managing them according to the system rules it’s no walk in the park, but I love it :smiley:

I am still in demo, but plan to go live next week with this. I have 4 open trades, with 3 in profit and 1 just slightly against me. I missed a few at the midnight and 4AM candles though. I couldn’t drag myself out of bed for them. haha They would have been in profit though had I not missed them. ILZ has a great system here. Very thankful that he shared it and that I saw it at the right time (early in my forex “career”).

@Poseidon

Your trade on AUD/USD is still open? If yes, can you explain me your S/L and T/P settings? Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Now I have a second trade open on USD/JPY @102.400 at the moment -15pips.

I had pretty good results today, now that I am getting the knack of it. I am tempted to leave two winning positions (short on AUD/USD @0.98985 and long on USD/CHF @0.96546) open while I am asleep but I must come up with a decent S/L point.