Trend Runner

That’s even better! :smiley:

hey Logan,

You can find it in post #2 along with my template that has the blue/red already programmed.

-ILZ

Keep up to date on that NZD/USD if you can. I’m gonna watch it myself, but I can not really get a feel without trading it.

Thanks in advance,

-ILZ

Short NZDUSD @0.82748 Current Stop 0.82658. +9 Secured

These trades are all safe now. Wow they are really moving.

I’m trying to get a feel of how you move SL to support/resistance, even if the levels are not drawn by the indicator.
On the chart below, which is my current USDJPY trade, would you have moved the SL to the line that I have so graciously :smiley: drawn in Paint? :))

For me that’s a little close. maybe after it broke/closed over that resistance line. You do not want to be 2 tight with such a little profit. if was like 100+ pips or something, you get a little extra to play with.

-ILZ

Yeah, I get the picture. Thanks for that.

This morning I’ve opened this trade (USD/JPY buy @102.459 - now is lossing about 12pips - with SL on green Support). When I opened the red resistance doesn’t exist. I have make my calc on green support (WRONG???). I think I’m a candle late. (I’m in demo account so I’ll try without fear :stuck_out_tongue: ). What do you think about?

Bye!

Trade Update ( 1AM PST Candle)

Short AUD/USD @1.01881 Current Stop 0.99188. +269.3 Secured

Long EUR/JPY @131.193. Current Stop 131.509. +31.6 Secured

Short EUR/USD @ 1.29990. Current Stop @ 1.29440 +55.0 Secured

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/USD - NOTHING - Short GBP/USD @ 1.52234. Stopped @ 1.52204. +3 Realized

Long USD/CAD @ 1.01725. Current Stop @ 1.01755. +3 Secured.

Long USD/CHF @0.96554. Current Stop @ 0.96604. +5 Secured.

USD/JPY - NOTHING -Long USD/JPY @ 102.286. Stopped @ 102.316. +3 Realized

Gold - NOTHING - Wanted to but I do not want to use the margin. Sue me…

-ILZ

One comment - the SL should be below the green support, not above it. It’s support -3 pips in case of longs, resistance +3 pips in case of short trades

Hi Ilz,
I am a total newbee and trying to use your method. From the following screens, could you let me know which ones, I should take. For me it looks like all are good ones.

AUD/USD

eur/usd

gbp/usd

usd/jpy

Sorry, for the many charts. I did go through the whole thread, but still have issues with entry / re-entry

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not a valid entry - Price should break and close below the support line shown.

Not a valid entry - You are one candle late. The sell would have been at the beginning of the last candle.

Not a valid entry - Again, price needs to break and close below the support level shown. If the current candle closes below, you would enter short at the beginning of the next candle.

Not a valid entry - Price needs to break and close above the resistance level shown. If it closes above the resistance level, you would enter long at the beginning of the next candle.

Thanks a lot. This helps. Much appreciated.

I’m agree on all readings by irvin except EUR/USD. System rules say that after breakout we wait for a close at least 30 before open position. In this case I believe a sell could be open.

“My two cents”

Ok Ilza! I was asking about that 10% monthly because if you can confirm it (or not) so I encourage myselft to program this, Im basically a programmer and not a trader, I 100% understand your system and I have faith that I can program it on a 100% what you want/need.

could you please tell me a little more about your numbers? private if you want… what about monthly % and max DD % you suffer using a 2% max risk per trade? have you considered moving to a 3% max risk per trade? you would make your system about a 50% more profitable, and I dont think it would be a 50% more DD.

what about making a semi automatic EA? that creates the entries and the fixed SL of 100 pips? this is always the same, I can code the indicators you use inside the EA, so the entries would be like if you were there sitting at you chair waiting for that candle to close?

You can control all of them manually based on you gut/feeling

Best Regards

Esteban

@cheva282,

This would be definitely great, especially the second semi-automatic option. Not sure if it is doable though…
As ILZ, I also believe there is some degree of human reasoning behind this strategy. But I agree it would be fantastic to have a basic EA able to at least test a huge quantity of previous data, hence we are able to fine tune the parameters for each pair (e.g. the 30 pip buffer).
Please, keep me posted. Thanks.

One final note. Please, let’s try to keep things/data public and to build something together, rather than going private generating X-thousands variations of the same strategy…

Woops. I think you are correct as well. thanks for catching it!

@cheva282 and @2plus2:
Ilz (the OP and creator) has asked that all EA discussions take place outside of this thread. To respect that, you should consider discussing it further via pm or maybe you could start a new thread to brainstorm ideas. The strategy and indicators have graciously been provided, it’s up to you as to how you would like to utilize them.

I took the following buy trade for eur jpy. Hope this is correct?

No, it’s not valid. Resistance (red) is not broken.