Trend Runner

Not sue why it is not valid. According to the rules.
Price closed above SMA and Super Trend is Blue.

Did I miss any additional instructions? Any help is appreciated.

All these entry are 4H timeframe based?

This is an example where you need to use some discretion. It appears as though the resistance level is within 30 pips, which would be the first reason it is not valid. Also, if you look at the last couple of candles they are trending down. The idea is to catch trends that already exist, so ask yourself, why would I want to enter long if the trend is going back down towards the supertrend line (regardless of color).

If an above red dot/resistance was already there when you opened the trade, then it is not valid. If the dot is not there, check if there is at least 30 pip buffer with the previous broken support. This is how I do, but ILZ could confirm.

Thanks for the clarification. I missed the 30 pip difference. The reason I took it even on a downtrend was the last candle looked like a hammer. I thought it will bounce off the support line. Well I am still learning, so apologize for all the questions.

Friend,

You need wait for one body breakout, not shadow.

Example:

Looks these examples:

Trade Update ( 5AM PST Candle)

Short AUD/USD @1.01881 Current Stop 0.99188. +269.3 Secured

Long EUR/JPY @131.193. Current Stop 131.509. +31.6 Secured

Short EUR/USD @ 1.29990. Current Stop @ 1.29440 +55.0 Secured

Long GBP/JPY @ 156.185. Current Stop @ 155.185.

Short GBP/USD @ 1.52022. Current Stop @ 1.53022

Long USD/CAD @ 1.01725. Current Stop @ 1.01765. +4 Secured.

Long USD/CHF @0.96554. Current Stop @ 0.96644. +9 Secured.

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Trade Update ( 1PM PST Candle)

Long EUR/JPY @ 131.785. Current Stop @ 131.163. Long EUR/JPY @131.193. Stopped @ 131.509. +31.6 Realized

GBP/JPY - NOTHING - Long GBP/JPY @ 156.185. Manual Close @ 155.774. - 41.1 Lost

Short GBP/USD @ 1.52022. Current Stop @ 1.53022

USD/CAD - NOTHING - Long USD/CAD @ 1.01725. Stopped @ 1.01765. +4 Realized.

USD/CHF - NOTHING -Long USD/CHF @0.96554. Stopped @ 0.96644. +9 Realized.

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING - Damn, looks like I should have taken that. Perfect break & a 2000 pip drop. Oh well.

-ILZ

Trade Update ( 5PM PST Candle)

EUR/JPY - NOTHING - Long EUR/JPY @ 131.785. Manual Close @ 131.707. - 7.8 Lost

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

Short GBP/USD @ 1.52022. Current Stop @ 1.52702

USD/CAD - NOTHING -

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Hi all,

I had been following this awesome thread since the first few posts. Itā€™s an awesome strategy with great explanation. First of all, I would to thank Ilz for your willingness to share this strategy with us all. My name is Jess, I am new in fx and from Western Australia. My time zone is GMT+8. I had been learning to trade for quite a few months and kept trying to work out a strategy which suit my trading style. Unfortunately, I just couldnā€™t find one which could help me to gain more than lose. Basically I loss a lot since I started. I felt so lost, so helpless.

I think I should say thank you, Ilz as I finally got one which was proven to be a good strategy and I tried it on my demo account since the first day I read this thread. It works and I find that I have more time for myself now to do other errands as well instead of sitting in front of my laptop every minute worrying the price is going to be up or down. I also gained back my confidence in trading. Your explanation on your strategy and money management are all very clearly explained which really helped me as a newbie. I had been reading a lot from website on how to enter & exit trade correctly but there is none so far that give such a fantastic explanation.

Guys, thank you all for sharing your opinion as well. I learn heaps from this thread. I just love the strategy so much. I feel so good to be here.

Good day!

Hey Fumante,

yes they are.

-ILZ

Hello Jess,

I have been where you are. I know how frustrating it can be. It took me over 5 years to get something going. Im just a regular guy. I have no real financial background or anything. I have lost well over $10K trying to make something work. I just did not give up till I had something that worked.

Your post is pretty much a mirror of what happened to me. So in the end, your welcome friend. Thank you for showing me that I actually helped someone come back to FX. It really is the best way for the little guy to get a shot.

:57:

-ILZ

Thank you.

Trade Update ( 9PM PST Candle)

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

Short EUR/USD @ 1.29990. Current Stop @ 1.28922 +106.8 Secured

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

Short GBP/USD @ 1.52022. Current Stop @ 1.52702

USD/CAD - NOTHING

Long USD/CHF @ 0.96608. Current Stop @ 0.95608

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Hi ilza, hope you be okā€¦ have you considered to add any other pairs to the strategy?

This way you would increse your trading opportunities, I find NZDUSD and AUDNZD could be added, as well as EURGBP.

also what do you think about increasing the risk a little? I mean 3-4% per trade? would this dramatically increase DD? dont know about DD cause I dont have experience trading this strategy but definitively the ROI could be increased about 50-100%

just my thoughts.

Esteban

On top of that, ILZ stated earlier that for re-entry, he waits for a candle that closes in the direction of the trade he wants to take. So for longs, you would look for a candle closing higher that it has opened.

:))) change brokers

just to confirm, is this consider a signal to short once the bar closes?

Hey all,

I would like to say a few things. I have no issue with any of you making a FAEA or a SAEA. I am even willing to help you outside this forum. I can run tests and check them against my trading history, help you fine tune, all to help you if you believe you need such a tool to help you.

But I will say this so everyone understands.

[B][U]If you have any requests for help or would like some specific information to create a FAEA or a SAEA, contact me with PM. Please keep this thread free of FAEA or a SAEA chatter. I will start a separate thread for any and all interested in developing a FAEA or a SAEA as long everything there is freely shared.

No one has permission to make a FAEA or a SAEA in order to sell it or make any money from it other than trading on their own account. I know I can not stop anyone from doing that butā€¦

if I catch someone doing thatā€¦ your not going to like it.
[/U][/B]
Be cool, be respectful & be honest.

-ILZ

1 Like

Yes, although you should have been in that trade 2 days ago :slight_smile: