Triple threat exit strategy

I also monitor my trades on my DROID x2 with fxtrades mobile app. Makes grocery shopping a little more entertaining.

Mobile platforms might help some newer (or anyone, really) traders while they get used to managing their trades with this system as they have to be away from the computer.

Deleted due to repettition

Based on Hotorex data, 3 trades are triggered so far.

1. GU short @ 1.5529
  2. GJ short @ 121.76
  3. Au Short @ 1.04446 stopped out resulting -87 pips

Other pending orders for today.

1. EJ Sell @ 95.68 & Buy @ 96.47
  2. EU Sell @ 1.2216 & Buy @ 1.2337

Good…finished reading :)…started testing…
I use ibfx data from a demo account and put orders with oanda.
I will let you know of the result at the end of each day (I’m on GMT+2…currently +3 due to daylight savings)

Just some questions related to the system so I can be as accurate as possible:

1. After the short (for example) gets triggers (as it did this morning with the aud/usd), do you leave the long orders still pending, or delete them? The reason I ask is because I already got stopped out on the short and the long orders might get triggered.

2. When do you delete pending orders if they are not triggered? at end of day? what happens if you see that an order might be triggered towards the EOD, do you let it? In this case do you also put orders for the next day?

Thanks…I’ll keep you posted.

Hi Bijoymj, your data same as mine, but looks like yesterday and today results :17:

How is your trade going ? Yesterday was -465 for me (for 5 pairs). Today AU already hit SL resulting -87 pips. Is this same for you ?

RESULTS for 08/01 Total -573 pips

08/01 details
GBPJPY BUY exp
GBPJPY SELL -30/-30/-30 (stopped out at initial SL)
AUDUSD BUY -38/-38/-38 (stopped out at initial SL)
AUDUSD SELL -38/-38/-38 (stopped out at initial SL)
EURUSD BUY -30/-30/-30 (stopped out at initial SL)
EURUSD SELL -28/-28/-28 (stopped out at initial SL) -> this was really cool :slight_smile: sell stop order triggered at 18:15 GMT exited with a stoploss at 18:16 GMT :-))
GBPUSD BUY exp
GBPUSD SELL -27/-27/-27 (stopped out at initial SL)

Orders for 08/02
GBPJPY BUY @ 122.668 pending
GBPJPY SELL @ 121.751 running, currently at -23/-23/-23
AUDUSD BUY @ 1.05420 pending
AUDUSD SELL @ 1.04454 -> 1.04750 closed -30/-30/-30 (stopped out at initial SL)
EURUSD BUY @ 1.23367 pending
EURUSD SELL @ 1.22165 pending
GBPUSD BUY @ 1.56905 pending
GBPUSD SELL @ 1.55283 running, currently at -19/-19/-19

GBPJPY sell from 07/31 Air and Retrace are still running! :slight_smile:
entry @ 122.467 current SL 122.25 for both positions (+19/+19 locked in) current profit +48/+48

Running total of results
07/30 -99
07/31 -318
08/01 -573
Total -990 pips (cca $100 lost in 3 days! :slight_smile: but August has just started, it can’t always go negative, right? :slight_smile:

[/B]

This thought leads me also.

Rpotor,
suggestion on the EA! can we have a trailing stop on it to at least keep some of the pips when in profit?

so far negative results, yesterday took AU, EU and GU. At first, AU did well in the morning (i think after China PMI’s data came out), but did not hit the TP, then went up all the way…melted down.Yup, same as you, today -87 pips. and GJ pair…hit the SL…

Yup, me too…:frowning:

Where was your entry for GJ ? My entry was @ 121.76. Hence stop loss is @ 122.25. Trade is going on.

My entry was @ 121.77, yesterday’s low was 121.78 right? I put my SL @ 122.00, maybe too scared. haha…

I’m trading ibfx data and I got -35*3 on AU :slight_smile: that’s -105 to start the day in a good mood :slight_smile:
Nothing else triggered so far…

What do you do with the long orders pending on AU now? Will you let them ride if they get triggered?

Umm, I would rather stay with the original triple threat rules, since the rules already define steps to “protect” a profitable trade (after you reach TP on the first position for a given pair) I think the introduction of a trailing stop could tamper with the results.

In my opinion we shouldn’t cancel the order in the other direction when its “pair” is triggered. So if we have both a long and a short pending, the short gets triggered and stopped out, I still leave the pending long alone and not delete it. I just set my orders at the beginning of the new day and after that I let everything sort out at the mercy of the market. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I just saw the news on the opening page. Congratulations pipwoof for winning again! :slight_smile:

The AU trade was on 1/8/2012 (yesterday). My entry was short @ 1.0487 and SL @ 1.0525, initially it was performed well, lowest was @ 1.0464, but did not hit my TP @ 1.0450, then the AU went up and hit my SL. I should take profit manually, so regretted…

Got it…but do you take another short if you get the signal again?

Yup, rpotor are right, we should follow this strategy rules, wait and see the movement for further actions.