Trump threatens more tariffs on China -

Is this news affecting your trade setups for the coming week? If yes, how so? Dow and S&P futures both tumbled down.

And China is considering cancelling talks. Not good.

Link not working but yes it did. Got stopped out of my USD/JPY trade yesterday. Did it affect any of your trades?

Sometimes it’s good to step back think beyond the headlines.

Journalists report what they think they see, in this case tweets by the President. In the illiquid Asian (Japan closed) there was an expected drop.

The US market knows that the President is a businessman, he makes deals and uses leverage to help him do that - twitter is just one of his tools.

Before the rally: I just got burned...BIG time!

Didn’t pull the trigger. I over analyze and get lost in the what ifs and what could bes. I need to focus more on the TA and not so much the news.

1 Like

And the latest. Talks back on. Or never off? Or insider trading? Who knows.

About 6 hours ago, (that is, at 12:01 am EDT, Friday 10 May)
President Trump pulled the trigger, bumping tariffs as threatened.

Link is not Working properly. And in my views, yes its affects our trade.

I think your problem is on your end.

Works for me.

@Clint. Thanks for sharing.

Sheesh.

Catch any moves today from all the market turmoil?

When the Dow falls, money is pulled out of AUD and NZD in favour of lower-risk homes such as CHF and JPY. That is as usual, but this time round, capital is also flowing into the EUR as I guess the GBP is seriously impaired by Brexit.

A great video explaining the what, why and how of Trump’s tariff tirades… Enjoy

Good channel with some interesting information… Check out the Business Case Studies…

Michael Norman discusses the implication… " What if China sold off it’s US Treasuries…"

1 Like