TURBO Trades

Hi Turbo!
Can I just ask what is that red line with the notation “Stop Loss”? I kind of got the impression on other threads that you do not use stop losses (at least not anymore?). If that actually is a stop loss, what is your general reasoning as to where you position them?

dear Manxx, my friend,

im very thankfull you give a visit in my little thread. i already thought noone is reading this at all.

the red line definately is a stop loss. i for myself can handle my stop losses manually but i can not post trades that people can copy without giving them a idea of where the trade has died. since you aswell told me in another thread that the most people here are beginners i try to make sure that people with less experience dont stick to a trade which has lost its cause/reason/logic/idea.

i personally dont put stop losses in any trade but with the red line i try to give an idea where the trade is lost abd should be closed.

in another thread i may sounded a bit rough (and to be honest) a bit like im a fan of conspirancy theories but that emotional reaction is my nature of talking and was not directed or intended to insult anyone or to force my opinions on anybody.

That is an excellent and very considerate approach! :slight_smile: As you said earlier somewhere, you do not post your own entries/exits “live” and there could be delays before you post changes here - so full marks for consideration for others! :slight_smile:

I am a silent follower of your thread and I am sure there are many others. You have an interesting and very different approach to your trades which is very instructive and encouraging.

The main reason why I do not post here is because the thought of trading commodities and stock indices terrifies me! Probably totally unjustified, but even after many years of trading FX I still fear the risk of getting smashed by commodities or index trading! Since most Newbies come to this site intending to trade FX maybe that is why others are also not so active in posting here - but your work is valuable and educational (and, it seems, profitable!) in spite of that!

Keep it going… :slight_smile:

Thank you Manxx!

yes i know most people here trade Fx. but we aswell have a forum part (hidden in a corner somewhere) which is for indexes and commodities :smiley:

but my approach is to show another side aswell. people who trade forex and dont live in USA or UK have the option of CFD trading commodities and indexes with their forex broker on the same platform they use for forex. so a few buttons that can be used aswell if interested.

i on the other side gave forex a shot and never tried it again after some losses. seemed way to much work for me to put up with 2 countries compared with each other and their entire fundamentals and the constant annoyamce of central banks manipulating the market and completely destroying any approach to analyse longer term directions. but thats my experience only.

and maybe someone who doesnt suceed in forex will try commodities and maybe suceed. who knows! but giving the option might be interesting to someone.

i think everybody should stick to what works for him/her.

hey there was some guy posting here? i saw it briefly this morning but had no chance to answare till now. where is he gone? he deleted his posts?

hey turbo ,
i am also a silent reader …just wanna say thumbs up for your thread :slight_smile:
90% of my trades are done in the fx market …from time to time i trade commodies as well but thats minority…

just want to say i like your thread… i like your style of trading and i will follow every single post :slight_smile:

greetz from cologne :wink:

Hey Trueman,

Grüsse aus Frankfurt! :smiley:

thank You for Your kind words and confirmation that there are people actually checking in the thread sometimes! :slight_smile:

ill try to do my best and keep the thread alive.

xau/usd

short

target 1313

I also follow this thread. :smiley:

There certainly are: even my mother’s cat is an assiduous follower, here.

Thank You Julakis! :smiley:

hey good point. if monkeys can be trained to fly into space then a cat can be a good trader aswell :wink:

He’s not bad - has plenty of patience and discipline, apparently, but often some difficulty staying awake for long enough to put into practice what he learns.

dow jones

long

target 18750

!!francis go to bed!! you need some sleep :smiley:

ger30

long

target 10770

+70 pips

+90 points

for fun, heres a strangle trade

TP short position = 46.4
TP long position = 59.5

the oilprice has left the range of the trade without triggering the trade therefore this trade is cancelled.

ger30
+180 points

another strangle trade

dow jones long/short at 18455