Turned 50 this year

So most of my life I have dreamed of financial freedom. But it was always a dream and never any action. I always spent my money trying to stay afloat.

Well, I finally realized that I had the money all along and the things I was chasing were just “trying to keep up with the Joneses.”

After doing my first small investment and gaining just 3%, I was actually super happy be a use it was 3% that I didn’t have before and all it took was a little research and patience.

With my retirement looming not to far in the future, I am finally committed to learning new practices and being serious about personal wealth (or lack thereof).

Whether I actually start trading forex or not, this is a step in the right direction of learning how money works.

Thank for reading.

2 Likes

Never too late to realize this! Was there one particular incident that triggered this realization?

1 Like

Best of luck.

I injured myself at work this past year and realized that I could get by on less. When I still was able to manage on less and then went back to work, I realized there was money I was wasting all along. I may as well let it work for me instead of throwing it away on useless things.

This has been my way of thinking the past couple years until crypto crashed and I had very little left lol. Then I thought hmm maybe I should have spent it on useless things instead :laughing:

Hi! It’s good to see here. All the best!

Yeah, saving up will be beneficial in the long term. This was a great way to motivate everyone else here, too! So, I hope you achieve what you wish. Good luck!