Turning Crisis into opportunity, forex trading update Q1 2020

[The following i shared on my Blog, here it is for babypips audience]

It’s been a while since i have written last time. Not that I’m out of Forex business just that i have been focusing on trading and didn’t want to think otherwise.

A lot has changed ever since. First the big news, I’m now a new daddy. It is perhaps the best thing ever. I’m enjoying the moment. My boy works as stress reliever for me. On the hindsight , it also means i have new responsibility. More than ever before, i really need to make this Forex work.

And it is Kinda working …
I did not registered a losing month for the last 5 months since December.
Here it is what it looks like :

Yes you got it right, i have been trading for many years however i have only been serious for the last 3 years or so. I had to cross so many emotional hurdles to reach where I’m today. Not that I’m successful but i think my ‘slow and steady’ approach finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

I will never give up trading Forex. It is the stubborn me who always thought I’m an inch closer to success.

During this covid pandemic, I’m working from home for my real job. I’m so blessed that I’m able to work from home really. Working from home has given me ample hours to think about forex. I’m trying to use this time to turn crisis into opportunity. NO NETFLIX.

This situation has given me new realization : what if i had lost my job ? How important it is to have a second income stream ? How important it is to have a skill? I’ll write in details about my thoughts in the next post.

Result wise, last 4 months could have been much better had i not done some silly mistakes. But i have no regret. It is what it is. However, I’m constantly checking myself and my thought process through out the trading session. Everyday is a battle. Every day i fix my mindset.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to document your journey. I have extensive journaling process to document my trading. The next day after the session, i would go through my journal and find out what i could have done better. Turns out, i do the same mistake over and over.

Fixing mindset is perhaps the most difficult task you might come across. It is the most important area that i struggled the most. Every problem that i have, is in my mind. I’m responsible for it, market is not to blame.

Market will do it’s thing, and I’m here to beat the market.

Till then,

Stay home, stay safe and stay blessed.