Two Things That Happened That Made It the Best Thanksgiving Ever

I scrolled to the bottom of the BabyPips Daily email and read the headline: “I’m a 46-Year-Old Man Trying to Learn How to Trade Forex and Writing About My Progress.” I thought. Hmmm. That’s interesting. Who is this guy?

Then I saw my username playwiththegods and I burst out laughing. :laughing: :rofl: That’s me! I’m so thankful for the support and encouragement from the BabyPips team and community. Thank you so much for featuring my post. It was a big surprise.

For the past two weeks I’ve been working on a short story I entered in the Write Practice Contest. It got published yesterday. It’s not for everybody. It might offend some. It might be boring for others. Maybe a few of you will find it funny.

I had a lot of fun writing it. It’s the first short story I wrote and submitted to a contest. You can read it here:

Ch33tGPT (shortfictionbreak.com)

Posting in my trade journal gave me a boost of confidence to put my writing skills to the test and enter this contest. I probably wouldn’t have entered this contest if I never started my trading journal. I want to thank @RedEyeRishMan and @dushimes again for inspiring me to start my journal.

I’m also thankful for all the members who read my posts and wrote comments like:

@steve369
@Pipsteroid
@flamingoproxy
@Peter_John
@chesterjohn
@BrunsonFX

Happy Thanksgiving!

10 Likes

Happy thanksgiving from the UK

1 Like

Yup! Gobble gobble! Happy turkey day!

1 Like

Congrats buddy!

Look at that :grinning:

Heads turn when someone is relentless, they always do eventually.

1 Like

LOL that’s amazing!

I think you need to keep doing it! We might just end up having a book author here! That would be insane if/when it happens!

2 Likes

I love this quote, I will add it to my quote collection. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats on getting featured and publishing your short story!

1 Like

That would be insane. Remind me to send you a signed copy of my first book if you want one because your question was a catalyst for my first post in my trading journal here. Thank you for your thought-provoking questions.

Just read your short story, that was a fun read! Although I hope your mom isn’t sick IRL :pray:

Thanks for reading my story. I’m glad it was a fun read for you. My mom is doing great. She’ll most likely live up to 100 or more. Her mom (my grandmother) lived up to 98.

Oh good! Is your mom still in very good health? Tell us what her secrets are!!! (Aside from good genes of course)

She doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol. She has always been into eating organic, whole foods before it was popular. She likes her job and wants to keep working as long as she can. She’s a social butterfly going to prayer meetings and other activities with her church group. She has a handsome son who lives with her and makes her laugh.

1 Like

That last part lol.

But seriously, have you seen the series / documentary (?) Blue Zone? It’s pretty cool and I think your mom has all the factors one needs to live a long, healthy life!

Yeah. My mom is living that Blue Zones lifestyle. :sunglasses: I haven’t seen the documentary because I don’t have Netflix. I did read the book The Blue Zones years ago and watched some YouTube videos about it.

1 Like

Good to hear about her.

Good genes certainly seem to bring greater overall benefits than good jeans, really?