UK Trading, what is the minimum deposit

I have been getting babypips emails for a long time now, and as i live in the UK and would like to trade at £1.00 per point but only have a deposit of £100, is there a broker out there that i can use, Thank You. peterbee

You can definitely get a spreadbetting account in the UK with £100 deposit, and some SB firms offer positions at 10p/pip.

Note that if you want to trade a major currency pair, for example GBP/USD, £1/pip will require over £410 of margin in your account to cover the position. With only £100 in the account, on GBP/USD you would be able only to go as deep as 20p/pip. On minor and exotic pairs the margin requirement would make spreadbetting off £100 deposit undoable.

Thanks for that Tommor, well eplained, P

If you look at IG they have low barrier to entry with many shares at 10p etc and FX from 50p , going to be tight on a £100 but is possible , just think about the process and not the money.

1 Like

Exness, Hotforex, Tickmill has minimum deposits equal or less than 100 pounds, so I guess you can try them safely. To choose preferred pip value you need to adjust lot size so it’s not an issue.