Ultimate Guide to Prop Firm Trading 2024: Top Firms and How to Get Started

Hey BabyPips Family,

Hope everyone’s doing great! Today, let’s dive into the world of prop firm trading and explore some of the best prop trading firms available. I’ll also include some additional resources to help you make informed decisions.

What is a Prop Firm?

A proprietary trading firm (prop firm) provides traders with capital to trade financial markets. Instead of using your own money, you trade with the firm’s funds and share a portion of the profits with them.

How Do Prop Firms Make Money?

Profit Sharing: They take a percentage of the profits you make. For instance, if the profit-sharing ratio is 80/20, you keep 80% of the profits, and the firm takes 20%.

Training and Fees: Some firms charge for training programs or access to advanced tools, contributing to their revenue.

Performance Fees: Firms might charge additional fees based on your performance.

How Do Traders Profit?

Leverage: Prop firms offer leverage, enabling you to control larger positions and potentially earn higher profits.

Profit Split: You keep a substantial portion of the profits, and the firm takes a cut.

Access to Capital: You use the firm’s capital, reducing your personal financial risk.

Risk Management: Many firms provide tools and guidelines to help manage risk and optimize profits.

How to Get Started with a Prop Firm

Research Firms: Look for reputable firms with positive reviews. Check their profit-sharing models, fees, and trading conditions.

Understand Requirements: Familiarize yourself with each firm’s evaluation criteria and requirements.

Apply and Test: Most firms require a trading evaluation or test to assess your skills.

Manage Risk: Use the provided capital wisely and follow the firm’s risk management rules.

Track Performance: Regularly review your performance and adjust your strategies as needed.

Final Thoughts

Prop firm trading offers a fantastic way to access capital and boost your trading career. Choosing the right firm is crucial, so consider factors like profit splits, fees, and evaluations before making a decision.

Have you worked with any prop firms? Share your experiences and tips!

Happy Trading!

1 Like

Babypips has actually been “diving into this” for a long time.

As you can see right here, the forum has a whole section on Prop Firms, with countless threads and discussions on all these subjects. (Maybe you had not seen it?).

1 Like

@Heteroskedasticity I hadn’t realized that. I was expecting a new concept.

In any case, I’ll be posting a more detailed update on Propfirms soon. It will cover everything from using EAs to bypass challenges to strategies for making money with Propfirms without risking a ban.

1 Like