UMS Live

Yes, thanks Tymen, that [I]does[/I] help.

Yeah, the scenery is pretty good here.:wink:

just seen your pic sorry.

How come this possible. I think i was looking at the same range of time and i don"t have the same picture. Mine isnā€™t an ESP, yours is one.
Check it out ā€¦

Got it, so your pic on the usd cad is not an esp? But mine on the eur/jpy was?

I took the wrong link. Sorry for that.

Check the post again, i corrected it.

And on your usd/cad you wuold say it wasnt a esp becuae the wicks of the green star candle and the next red one are the same height or very very close?

ok disrearg mine then:) Thats weird that we have 2 differnt pics on that. How your middle(star) candle is red and mine is green.

Or we arenā€™t looking at the same GMT time. Can you tell me yours ?

Mine is GMT-4 and you see from the scale at the bottom the precise hours.

Funny thing I am in eastern time and i think thats gmt -4 as well, The charts I showed you are from my demo in tradestation account. And the actual star candle was at 11.45 bar but then I look at my GFT account and it shows me a picture of what you had. So it must be the way or time tradestation starts there trading and packages them into minutes thats the discrepancy. Althoug it would have been a nice discrepancy:) But my GFT chart shows the star candle at 11.25 like yours and its red. So that a difference between my 2 platforms

Hmmm,

It is not the first time i see a difference between TS and other platformsā€¦and that was yet bothering me. I even saw a comparison that show TS was more accurate.

BTW, where are you from ?

Not I am not sure if I want to get rid of TS:) But I looked further back and say a ESP yestrday morning around 855am on my gft but not my TS. So maybe it will even out. Who knows? I am from North Carolina, US. i just moved here but been all over the states. And what about you?

Two platforms, twice as many patterns:D

Thats true Vulcan, like the way you think.

Does it matter what time of day we are trading? Since I am in the us. I generally get up around 530am eastern time and trade thru 4pm eastern. That gives me about 10.5 hours to locate setups. But not sure if the times of asian open and london open are better, I am basically trading London afternnon , its close and ny open and close. I am hoping to get my 4-5 setups a day give or take in the time frame . Any thoughts?

I get up at 4am (-5GMT) and will trade until I have to go to work at 11am. And it goes too fast!

I think the most movement in general is during the London session. Typically it may last well into the NY session, usually tapering off around 1pm your time.

With that being said, it can do a good move anytime. I think it may have alot to do with where it is in terms of S&R, Fibs, etc.

Thanks Vulcan, my biggest fear when it comes to trding is the fear of missing something, thats why I used to be a scalper cause I was always in something. Now with this style, which is great, I just do not want to miss the few setups each day, Man I wish I didnt have to sleep:)

Yeah, you do have to sleep [B]Nyrdarren[/B]. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I get enough patterns by having the timeframesā€¦

20, 25, 30, 35minsā€¦1hour for 6 currency pairs including the 4 majors.

This, with a choice of 6 candlestick patterns wins the day!!

yes sir i got you! I am getting them all up so I can start practicing scanning them. Thats the hardest part for me scanning and waiting

I have a question about a pattern for yall. This is on the 30m for EUR/USD pair with current time at 1:13PM EST or 19:13 GMT

The chart has lots of stuff going on, but I am experimenting with the Bunny System as well trying to see how that works and using the Keltner+BB for scalping.

Hereā€™s the 30M chart. The purple line you are seeing is the 100 WMA, 20 WMA in orange, Keltner is in red, Bollinger in turqoise. I am assuming that these formations are 3 black crows, if so what do you think?
[B]30 min(Below)[/B]

You know what my be helpful for us newbies, or atleast I think. If traders here and only if they want too, either have traded today or saw some setups post some screen shots of the setups they saw( patterns) Not yor own just the ones we have been discussing. It would help newbies weed out bad ones and look for good ones and just basic help with pattern recognition for us all. I know for me I think I am seeing alot more patterns then there really are, i only want to recognize quality ones and get rid of the rest. But it sems I keep seeing stars and engulfings but most are not doing anything because I have failed to recognize the quality of the pattern or pattern itself. Just my 2cents as a newbie for whatever its worth.

Darren

Country Pip,

IMHO, the 3 red crows in your chart would be a risky trade. In my charts, the wick of the last red candle doesnā€™t go a low as the wick of the middle candle. That, with the smaller size of the third candle, looks like a change in momentum of the price.

Thatā€™s how I see it.