Understanding how much you can earn

Hello all I have close to 10 years Forex trading with the last 3 being profitable. I earn an income from forex which is reinvested right back into the business. I want to clarify realistic profit margins:

Aiming for anything over 12% ROI is good (IMO). Some aim for 30+ %. Realize that if you have an account of $100k you’ll make anywhere from 12k - 36k depending on your goal and history. With that profit comes taxes and financing fees (depending on your strategy). From there you can do the math to see what you need to become a full time trader.

Please note that it takes money to make money and more trading doesn’t equal more profits. Scalping isn’t better because you can trade more. Know yourself, your psych, tolerances etc. That’s what becoming profitable is all about. Good luck. I hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

Well done on achieving a profitable record over several years. Most traders will never get there.

What is hard to understand is verified by your own track record. It is very hard for traders to run a consistently profitable strategy, even one with only modest performance statistics like win rate and r:r.

Again, well done.

Thank you! You’re right it’s hard, even with a proven strategy, to become or consistently stay profitable. Simple concept but hard to grasp.