Understanding price action 5 minutes analysis Bob volman

dear team I have been using his methods for more than a year hope i could find like-minded people.

In this method, Volman strips down the ever-confusing market mechanics to its marrow by showing his readers the ingredients of sound trading techniques and how to cook them in such a way that they could avoid getting burnt by the market.

Unlike other trading books, there is something strikingly clean about the way he explained the elementary concepts of trading while maintaining the poetic nature of written expression.

The first part of his book, the theoretical part, has got to be (hands down) the best price action analysis I have ever read. You could tell Volman isn’t just some professional trader writing about trading but also a writer whose words originate from the soul. I’m a big fan, seriously. I have a huge crush on whoever this Bob Volman guy is.

Anyways, in the second part of the book, he has provided hundreds of pages of example trades using the core principles he introduced in the first part, for the readers to find their footing in every kind of market situation. By the time I was done reading the book, I was completely transformed into a different kind of trader. Imagine what it could do to me if I read it three more times!

It always makes me happy to read books that breathe quality on every page.
This book took my breath away.

Easily the best book about trading. It’s gonna be hard to top it.

Hi,

Thank you for starting this thread. I’ve just gotten the book and will be able to share my views once done reading it.

However from what you have mentioned and what I can gather from other online reviews, this could be a life changing book for any scalper trader.

I’m very excited to discect and digest everything this book has to offer.

Meanwhile could you please share a little more about your experience about his method and how much did it transform your trading?

I cannot explain the way this book changed my trading .this book provides a proper system for trading, but he holds nothing back . I have stopped having the victim mentality when stopped out of a trade. you will come to know what exactly a good trade and a bad one.
in his first book, he uses a 70-tick chart for the scalping purpose, since I’m not a big fan of scalping.
i use his second method of understanding price action .
5 minutes eurusd chart is the medium of education, in his book he will teach you to read the price action from the naked chart and explains ever-confusing market psychology from absolute basic only with luxuries of a 25 ema indicator.
the method does not limit you to the instrument or time frame, once you understand the road your trading wont to be the same.
"markets are not forgiving to those who take their education lightly or deem themselves above it and highly rewarding to those who work hard "words of bob.
this is not a one-time read nor easy read, read - read and read and implement it in your trading.
hope this book will help you.

Your feedback is very uplifting mate. I have read first couple of chapters so far and what I can tell as of now is, the concept of his book is really great. More emphasis on understanding PA and market structure, learning to be patient and waiting for the perfect setup (which of course is not guaranteed to succeed) but still you feel much more in control than a novice trader jumping from one bias to another in a matter of minutes.

1 Like

Hi! I realize the topic is a few months old but I’m also reading Volman’s book at the moment and was searching for people who use his methods. Are you still as enthusiastic about Volman as you were in May?

Hiii man i was not active in trading and forums,due to personal reasons. Now im planning to begin again

If you are an insomniac - this book will send you to sleep in minutes ! - boring as hell - but persevere and you will learn stuff worth learning !

It will not help the beginner because it assumes a competent level of knowledge and he makes no apology for the fact that he does not explain basic principles.

I have read it right through twice now and done some paper trading based on it - with considerable success - but of course paper trading means nothing except insofar as it helps your own confidence in the methodology - note I do NOT say “SYSTEM” because he does Not show you a system - but points out certain observable principles - which you can use on a bet by bet situation to decide whether to take the gamble or not - No way can you computerise it as a “Set of rules” or a “trading system” and as such I love it ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes bro
Many people asked me what exactly is the strategy and I couldn’t answer in words like we explain system trading.
But it given me an edge on the market ,but a very few opportunities but most of them are worth taking a bet .
I have been working on mastering the price action.
But the thing is that the market is not volatile as he wrote this book . So 20 pip targeted trades in a conservative manner is very rare .im also trying to work on the counterion approach wich he doesn’t recommend to get much opportunities

1 Like

Some truth in that - but his daily analysis of 6 months EURUSD has bets every day - sometimes 2,3,4 - and he has numerous “strategies” he uses to do so - I think as a novice to the methodology we only concentrate on some of the simpler ones and therefore leave a lot of wonga on the table !

However (and I forget the exact figure) - it seems very possible to double your account within 10-20 bets - which kicks the “only bet 1%ers” way into a cocked hat ! - surely at this kind of return we can afford to be a little selective - when they talk of “is it possible to earn 15% in a year?” - and we are talking perhaps ofSeveral Thousands of percent in the same time frame !

Much room for thought in this tome - BUT it is NOT a recipe for mug punters to make a fortune - :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Considering the low movements is the current market , you can try the same strategy with 20 levels and 200 tick chart ,kind of scalping .
C trader provides the free tick charts .

Hi I’m a new trader yet I have read bobs book TWICE Both books and I have tried the methods explained I. The books with paper trading and I have been consistently profitable….my question is how much Real Money should I honestly begin trading with 1k or 5k or 10k?

I think you have a good starting point - as you will find sooner or later, your biggest obstacle in real trading will be your own psychology.

If you have ten K and you risk 1 k and succeed in doubling it you will have 11k ! If you lose it you will still have 9k in reserve. If you bet 10k and lose it you will have nothing and probably will never return to trading.

If you gamble (and Yes it IS ganmbling) 1k for a full cycle of ten x100 bets or 20x 50 bets you will have a track record to journalise and analyse later when you come to reset your expectation. - personally in your situation I would start with the 1k - but as he points out - you are a grown up and must takle responsibility for your own decisions - advice which should follow you through the whole of your life - not just in trading. - I do hope you will publish your journey on a thread here - I for one would be very interested in reading it - All the best F :sunglasses:

1 Like