Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Chris, Took a EU long from the bottom yesterday. But due to spikes before the upward movement trade closed with only +20 pips.

I also with the bears at the moment. According to your nice chart I would like to try a short here.

I think he is following your thread from the beginning and maybe wanted to share a valuable quote from you. :21:

Yeah, that will be it, that makes perfect sense. Oh wait a minuteā€¦

Yeah, EU is a little choppy atm, not quite ready to short, and really donā€™t want to be long.

I had a small long setup trigger earlier yesterday, but was not at the computer for it, but the upside has been capped on EU for some time, so would rather trade with the bears until the bulls can really make some progress. Until then, the bears are making far more money selling then the bulls are buying, so will wait for a signal to sell higher up.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

However I took a short trade with the help from your analysis yesterday and earned nice 80+ pips. No solid Price action setups. But took the trade based on the resistance level. I am getting used to trade price action because of you. Would like to show you the chart here.

Price Action is a very strong, simple approach to trading. Thereā€™s a ton of great information out there on it and the psychology behind price movements. Looks like a good trade off that resistance!

Thanks for information it is rather interesting and useful for newbies.

Thats a nice trade mate
impulsive selling, followed by corrective buying - directly into former resistance turned support

well done!

Glad you are finding this useful candleā€¦more to come

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Perry,

Awesome trade. Good luck mate

Hello Traders,

Several trade setups to start the week, but one that is interesting is the GBPJPY which may be forming a daily HS (head and shoulders pattern) with the right should potentially lining up with the channel top and dynamic resistance in the 20ema (see chart below).

Watch the intraday price action charts for signals off the level which comes in around 142.15. A break above targets 144.75 and 145 while a reversal here targets 140 and 137.90.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Thanks Chris and others. Need to improve so many things in PA trading . Hope this is possible with Chris and this thread. :wink:

Chris, Hope you are doing good.
Nice Pattern on GY. Couldnā€™t identify this earlier by myself. I am also with the bulls at the moment.

Hi PA friends,

Just found this thread. Im keen on price action so im very interested to see what Chris has to say. Working my way through the thread, so ill catch this end of the thread up in a week or soā€¦

Hello Chris,

Any updates about market today ? EU and most of the other pairs choppy at the moment. :31:

Hello Traderbish,

Welcome bro. Lets share ideas with Chris. :slight_smile:

Hello Traderbish,

Welcome to this thread and am glad you are enjoying it as its a unique thread on price action so good to have you here.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Alan,

yes, a little choppy to start, but just initiated a small long on AUDUSD at 1.0223 as this was a swing low from feb 20/21st which price just broke above after six 4hr bull bars in a row, suggesting the bulls are attempting to reverse

although i prefer with trend trading, i like the low risk, high reward on this one as i can function with a tight stop and potential upside is quite solid.

EURUSD is still struggling, and tells me to sell it on rallies.

GBPJPY was a good short at 141.44 which I talked about being a key intraday level last week, and it offered some good intraday price action signals shorting yesterday, with a nice double top on the 5m, and another rejection in early london today. if the bulls break above this, then will look to sell higher, but if the GBPJPY fails to break above this, then more sellers are likely to come in.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

And just to show Iā€™m actually in this trade, and not just talking hot air about it being ā€˜widely discussed in the members forumā€™ and 'many traders making money off of itā€™ when nobody is actually trading it, here is the actual trade below from my broker chart.

Entry is where I stated, currently up +21 pips with a 12 pip stop, so about a 2:1 reward to risk play as is, but targeting a little higher if it can break through current intraday resistance. Worst case scenario will get out for BE + spread should it pull back.

Good hunting for today.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Chris, hopefully you can answer my question ASAP. Im looking into trendline trading, as a PA trader I see that trendlines are respected far to often and offer better R:R trades then waiting for a trade via pinbar or inside bar etcā€¦

What do you think of entering a trade on a trendline with the stop below the previous point that touches the trendline, I seem to be able to get 3:1 plays on a daily basis with it, what are the problems you see with it? and why dont you use it to enter trades (if you dont.)

Thanks.