Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Hey alanmc, the private message tab simply isnt there, next to newposts is FAQ.
Nevermind though, I’ve already emailed Chris, but thanks for your concern.

I think you need a minimum of 50 posts for the PM system to become available.

That makes sense, although I would appreciate it if this thread went back to talking about PA and not me, just out of respect.

But yeah thanks somerandomusername, im sure theres a threshold before I can get PM’s.

:slight_smile:

Don’t worry Chris, Take a rest and everything will be alright. Looking forward for your article

Any one trading today ?

Nice Chart patterns on EU. I took this EU breakout trade targeting 1.3150 yesterday.

This is one of my best trades for the year. Special credit goes to Chris & this thread.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

have a nice weekend perry, im not trading at the moment because im preoccupied with objective C (to make an iphone app)… But once I have that out the way, I can focus on making trades again… But congrats, you seem to have bagged quite a few pips there.

Happy pipping

Was lucky to close my longs before NFP. Nearly 300 pips drop. Nice movement between support and resistance levels but normally I don’t trade NFP. See you next week. :slight_smile:

Hello Traders,

After a week of feeling deathly ill, I am slowly back on the mend and my health has resumed its uptrend.

Just going to share one chart for today, but will be back to regular posts daily this week.

Although there are many interesting pairs for this week, such as the GBPJPY, EURJPY, AUDUSD, Gold and Silver, I’m going to share some price action analysis on the EURUSD.

Looking at the chart below, we can see since 1.3700, the EURUSD has been in a relatively structured and stable downtrend, mostly held below the 20ema and dynamic resistance.

The pair formed its strongest bottom to date at 1.2950, and after a strong bull candle on thursday, did an about face on Friday, landing on the same support level.

This in effect has created a short term range, with 1.3150 being the upside and 1.2950 the floor. I’m suspecting the floor breaks first, and if it does, ten 1.2875 is up next. If the ceiling cracks first, then 1.3315 is on deck.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Nice to hear that you are recovering. Thanks for the analysis on EU. As per your analysis, I would like to take a short if price broke below 1.2950.

Chris, Would like to get an advice from you regarding H&S patterns. I can see a nice H&S pattern building on the EU 30Min chart and draw the lines according. All I want to know is whether I am on the right track or not to identify such patterns. Please advice.Thanks in advance.

Just some rhetorical questions when im looking at this chart (to improve my order flow perspective) If that bullish bar was genuine then how come there was no follow through? and why did the chart follow up with a outside bar? Im not actually going to trade this, but I expect a retracement to the 20EMA on the 4 hour before a break through the support.

Also Chris, how helpful are these market analysis for your trading? Im thinking of doing some market analysis in word myself… Is there any structure you follow when making these analysis to help me do mine?

Thankyou.

ApexPredator.

Yep, this is the question one should be asking as to why there was no follow through so good spot. shows sellers are willing to step in front of strong buying.

need to wait for the lines in the sand before taking the next trade imo

Kind Regards
Chris Capre

Hello Traders,

Feels good to join the land of the living and to be back what I do best (trading, teaching and making $*#)$ happen!).

Thanks for all the well wishes.

today i’m checking out a few things like gold, silver, euro is looking interesting, along with the jpy pairs, but USDJPY has a good spot on it with a potential inside bar setup as we are past the 2012, 2011, and 2010 highs, going back to aug. 2009 highs which are not for another 120 pips north.

Watch the intraday charts for a potential breakout setup, or a pullback towards 94.60 to re-join the trend, but bullish bias until bears show some claws, teeth and follow up.

Kind Regards
Chris Capre

Chris, it’s kind of difficult to read the numbers off your charts, are you using accucharts? This looks like a daily chart are you on GMT+2? The candles look a little different from my charts but might be caused by the software difference!

Hello Idude

I’m using FXtrek intellicharts - they are set to NY Daily Session Close.

Hope this clarifies the difference.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Traders,

Am watching the EURJPY which is still holding the uptrend in tact, but has double topped at 126, along with forming an inverted pin bar just shy of it.

Remember, from a price action perspective, an inverted pin bar is really just a failed attempt to rally, so sellers are parked up there. But we cannot ignore the higher lows.

So watch for 126 for potential intraday signals to short, while bulls can look for deeper pullbacks considering how mature this trend still is.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Very good analysis on EJ. Pair failed to break the near term resistance and there is more room for short trades. Waiting for clear confirmation.

Hello Chris,

Really happy to see you are active on the thread again.In my opinion I must say that the charts you are using for analysis purpose very nice and better to grab the things quickly.

thanks Alan - its good to be back as last week was a rough one

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre