Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Thanks for the reply ApexPredator! Actually I thought that was it, was only in doubt. I have an indicator of round numbers, and so it becomes easier to understand.

Hello Traders,

The Kiwi is showing an nice price action squeeze on the 4hr chart which you can see below. Notice how the 20ema carry keeps hemming in the upside while printing HL’s along the way.

I’ll be watching for a breakout, or breakout pullback setup if the .8375 level collapses, so keep an eye out as I suspect this will play out quite soon.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Agree with you Apex. Specially the big players like banks and institutions monitoring these levels. With price action formations these round numbers give good signals.

Hello,

Well resisted on upper channel line & Sudden bear attack on EU. Any one got the trade. ?

Was too late but took 10 pips and going to hold this trade for a while.

Glad you posted this. I actually got an entry in right on that pin bar and banked a little more than 40 pips. It’s breaking the .8375 as I’m posting this but I already got out. Probably going to try to re-enter on a pullback if it plays out.

on the 1H GBP/USD price dropped after forming a head and shoulders pattern. It’s currently testing the 1.5213 resistance that has held for about a week. I was able to get the initial price drop and it hit my target, now I’m waiting to see if it can break past the resistance and continue the move down. Any thoughts?

I was a little nervous to post this trade here yesterday as I took at a minor R/S area and
got a late entry off the major resistance at 103.50 region.
So far it seems to be working out quite well. Guess this another test of a H4 trader.

Nice trade Grix, I could be wrong, but it actually looks like you got in on the entry of a bearish gartley pattern. I believe those usually retrace to the .618 level of the AD leg, which should be around the 127.13 level. I’m not sure if anyone in here trades harmonic patterns or not, or if its frowned upon in here, just what I’ve learned from a few other threads so don’t take me as some kind of expert on them :slight_smile: .

Hbb, my response would be that there are many forms of PA trading, I tried to trade static levels and trendlines, but really, I enjoy trading patterns instead, its just what you feel most comfortable with to be perfectly honest.

Nicely done and well played off the dynamic resistance. One thing you can do in the futures is take partial profit, the bring stop to BE, and carry through if it breaks the support so you can ride the move.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Why be nervous trading or posting this?

If you are risking a certain % of your equity each day and accept the risk, its just that x% amount and nothing more. You’ve accepted the risk, and if it hits the SL, so what - you move on, learn from it, and keep going.

So no need to be nervous about posting something if you feel you can trade it.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Hbb,

I actually do not trade nor talk about gartley’s as they require a lot of moving parts and are quite subjective.
I think there are more efficient ways to trade without those patterns, and general subjectivity, so this is why I do not mention them in here.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Chris,

Am so glad to know that the Kiwi Dollar is now on your radar. I have 2 trades on this pair running, 1 from the 1st arrow, the 2nd one; from yesterday, the 3rd arrow.

8350 is my 1st target for both trades 1st positions.

RBNZ Rate Statement is due for release in less than 8 hours (two 4 hour candles). Base on the current price action, do you think big players are going to use the news release to do massive selling?

Cheers.

There goes the Capric magic ward of confidence…
Sure, it was the first trade of the week and worked out quite well for me.
keep the confidence up!
It does help alot Chris!
Grix

Good morning everyone!

I was looking at the daily timeframes in JPY pairs, and realized that in almost all were formed pin bar.

It is possible for a reversal of the way? A buying opportunity eminent in yen?

What about it? I would like to hear from you …

Hello BrasilianForex,

Can you share some charts so we can see what you are? Best if you can always share charts when talking about trade setups, and show the levels, relevant price action, and what you are looking at in the price action context so we can see and give ideas/feedback.

Looking forward to seeing the charts.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Bull4Ace,

I’d suggest keeping an eye on the 4hr and 1hr for clues. a changing of the pattern in relation to the 20ema might be a sign, but it should also be noticeable on the 1hr and intra-day price action charts as well, so keep your eyes on both to get further clues.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Ahh, the 20ema/price relationship thingy. Got it Chris.

Thanks for the input.

Hi Chris and Others ?

Any Trading opportunities ? Caught a small Gold short and locked in profits at the moment

Nice bear candle followed by a lovely pin bar. Bang Bang to the downside. Covered some profit here