Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

thanx guys for explaining that to me! but wow, honest i didn’t think that would be possible. so say im risking $25… i could make over $250 in ONE trade??? i think i shoud hang out on this thread more often :53:

Hello Aqua,

Yes, its definitely possible, but i’m not going to say its easy, and will take some time to learn, along with the patience and discipline to hold a trade for 10R, but it certainly can be done as many of my students do it.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

well i didn’t expecting it to be that easy, but just being possible… never would have guess that! so how can i become a student?

Yeah, it’s definitely possible.

On my site I have a price action course which you can join to become a student and get lifetime access (same course with my top students doing/done 10R trades).

Feel free to check it out for more details, and should you have any questions - just email me.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

thanx for the invitation chris! having a problems already though… where is your website and email?? new to this site, not very sure where to find information like that. thanx again

no worries mate - just posted a message on your board as I want to respect babypips and not post links as much as possible.
But its all there.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

wow chris! first want to say that is a great website, cant believe all the free information there. going to be readin g a LOT tomorrow that is for sure! second want to say you look like my sisters husband, very strange! your a good guy for doing all this to help new guys like me, thanx again! :smiley:

thanks mate - glad you like it
and all the best!

Okay thanks for sharing Chris!

Hello Traders,

A lot of really good setups to start the week in gold/silver, Euro and JPY pairs, along with indices as well - so expecting this to be a really interesting trading week.

Wanted to comment on two today;
EURUSD
As stated on Thursday last week, the pair played out exactly as expected, popping up to the range high around 1.3121, then sold off about 70pips from there, so hopefully you profited from this as many of the forum members did.

Any corrective pullbacks into the range high and pin bar (chart below) will likely offer a good intra-day sell signal targeting the range low. This is also forming a potential head and shoulders pattern on the 4hr, so could see a major break lower should 1.3000 fail to hold.

German Dax 30
Showing signs that its rolling over, the Dax has one of its worst losing weeks in over a year, and is barely sitting above key support at 7460 which is a mutli-year support level (chart below).

The major support at 7550 was broken last week, so ill look for corrective price action signals to short here as I’m expecting rallies to be sold for an eventual move lower.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi all,

As I was reviewing my trades last week, I saw something that caught my attention. It was on one of the pairs I am currently following, the EURAUD.

After the pair pulled back anew to 20ema after reaching the high of 1.2738, I saw a possible set-up to add up long positions at the level just below the 20ema. However, after careful study of the chart, I decided to pass up on it and waited for a higher probability set up. Please refer 1st chart.

I think there was nothing wrong in waiting for a more obvious set up. However, when I calculated the move up from my identified level and figure out its corresponding reward to risk ratio, I was surprise to see that it would have hit the 3:1 r&r (2nd chart).

Now, this is in hindsight and it’s so easy to see things after it has happened.

Nevertheless, my lesson on this one and my point really is to pull the trigger whenever a set up presents itself for as long as it offers the reward to risk ratio you desires.

As Chris succinctly puts it, “A trader’s job is not to sit there and wait for an A+ set up. A trader’s job is to think in probabilities, to think in numbers and expectancy”.

Happy new trading week everyone.

Hi Chris & Others,

Hope you guys are doing good & had some fun on the weekend.

Very thin range & no trades for me at the moment. Would like to try a small EU short based on the price action sooner.

bull4ace,

Totally agree with your post mate. I still remember the very good article created by Chris on this topic.

Happy trading week for you as well.

Hey Perry and bull! Hope all is going well.

Had a AUDUSD short on the 4 hour, got taken out for BE, although there appears to be another inside bar forming, if that materialises, then I will be looking to short again.

I simply set my stop too tight, I’ve learnt from that trade, and hopefully AUDUSD will drop further for me.

Hello ApexPredator,

I’m on NZDUSD adding shorts @ 0.8439 to my existing ones. buy stop @ 15 pips. I’m gunning for a 6:1 r&r on the 1st position.

I had the set up at 5m tf.

We’ll get those pips mate :).

Closed out my AUDUSD trade now, a good start to the week, made up for my earlier mistake of moving my stop to BE too early. Ive learnt from my mistake, and thats the important thing.

Hello to all!

Last week preferred to stay out of the JPY pairs, because as I had mentioned I use a filter indicator to stay out of bad trades and therefore preferred to wait a little longer for the trend get stronger so I can enter more safely .

Someone out there has any idea if the upward trend will continue in the JPY pairs? Mainly in pairs USD / JPY and EUR / JPY, hope so.

Brazilian, great to see you hear again, I think that the 100 level is a significant psychological level. I believe there are many buy orders placed at that level.

Apex.

The psychological level you mentioned would be the top of the resistance reaches 100 in USD / JPY? Sorry to ask this but it’s because I do not know very well what is the psychological level. Actually I’ve heard about it in another system using the share price and time line to define levels of support and resistance.

Brazilian, its fine to ask questions. A psychological level is any level which many people are watching, like 100 or 150 for example. Basically, nice easy numbers (known as round numbers in England)