Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

looks quite interesting there and the pullbacks to the 20 EMA are getting smaller. We can wait and see whether the break will occur in the US session later

Hello Traders,

So nobody traded the Nikkei yesterday considering all the movement and volatility in it?

Que sorpresa.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

How to make 310 points in 15 minutes trading the Nikkei (chart below).

Can anyone spot the setup?

Also, notice how in my commentary I talked about ‘if this level breaks, then next up will be the 14030 level’.

Where did price bounce from today? 14030.

I’m now flat for the week, so will finish my article on the 5 Things You Must Avoid Trading Forex

Then off to see the new Star Trek movie!

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hey Chris,
I missed the whole thing yesterday…too bad but maybe on monday

Hey Guys( Brazillian, Chris, Apex, dany, simon) since there is not much to do on the market, I suggest we
pick our bets on the Champions league game…

B. Munich here

Loool. This is what gives this thread the edge over other threads!

I think it would be a fairytale for dortmund to win it, they built one of worlds best teams with virtually no money at all… Their manager Klopp has done a remarkable job, the only team that can beat Bayern right now are dortmund and Chelsea!

I guess I have to back Bayern tommorow though. They havent won the tournament after being in 3 CL finals in the last 5 years… Have to feel for them.

Apex.

In this one I’ll back Bayern - but Chelsea is my colors.

I tell you what, I was in trafalgar square earlier today, the dortmund support for away games is the biggest in the world, and I just had to have a look for myself… Truly remarkable!

Most dont even have tickets, but that doesnt stop them coming to London and taking over the city for the day!

Hoping for muchas goles both ways!

Enjoy a good game of football lads.

Apex.

What a game - dramatic ending!

Ok, now back to trading…

Agreed, that was one action packed game!

Now the football seasons over, you dont have to worry about football on here for the next 3 months!

Dont know what Im going to do with my life…

Enjoy your weekend!

Apex.

Bank holiday in the UK, trading should be rather subdued tommorow…

Try and be productive whatever you do, I think Im going to watch fast and furious 6 tommorow.

:slight_smile:

Just saw it last night - totally rocked…probably better than 5 which was darn good.
Star Trek would be another as that was awesome.

Just checked in with the charts for the last time as I got an early bird flight tomorrow
Nikkei and JPY pairs under pressure
Oil may hold the daily pin bar
will look to buy JPY pairs on a deeper pullback - feel like there is more to go
Will considering buying Nikkei at 14k if it holds again strongly
or look to sell much higher

Over and out till tomorrow, but good luck trading London.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

So from reading the thread and Capre’s site, I learned a small lesson on Price Action here on the EUR/JPY last week’s move.

Following the 9% drop on the Nikkei in the mid of last week, this volatile pair showed massive strengthening of the japanese

Yen with a 300pip drop in under 12 hrs as a principle of index vs currency correlation.

Technically speaking, the move could be easily anticipated from a price action perspective.

Firstly following the break of 132.50, the next target for long trades was 134.00, which was narrowly missed. This region acted as a strong support in 2003 and a resistance in 2009. Formation of Pinbars on H4( meeting the criterion) and on H1 after more than 200 pip rise was enough indication that a massive fall was

due. So I took a short at the close of the H1 pinbar and still holding onto the trade while closely monitoring the reaction around the EMA 20. At the open of Sunday night trading, the market was rejected off the 20 EMA, and indication of a continuation trade.

So what happens now? Watching the reaction off 131.50, the previous lower barrier of the two week consolidation experienced on the first two weeks of May: for a possible continuation of the down move or exit the trade with at least 200 pips…

From Dany, I wish you a blessed week in Trading…since football is over

Hi there Chris, Firstly, Safe trip mate - Hope it goes well.

Also, you were right, it was an amazing movie! It had everything you could want from a movie… Hate to see Gisele die though (had a bit of a you-know-what on her :40: )…

As I turn to trading… I was very shocked… Its bank holiday in London, yet I missed out on a 5:1 on the GBP/USD, of all pairs on my intraday trading! Heres a stripped down version of my self designed indicator I use to trade intraday.

Same with the USD/CHF, which went even furthur… Another expensive lesson learnt.

Gonna do some revision for economics before I watch the Premier League playoff between Crystal Palace and Watford… Football isnt quite over yet Haha!!

Happy trading guys!

Apex.

Well, momentum on the 4 hour is clearly downwards… There was a pin bar on the daily aswell… So I think being short is more sensible than being long at this present moment in time…

Good luck.
Apex.

Hi Apex,

Happy to see that you are posting charts. I think you are using Parabolic SAR if I am not mistaken.

See you around mate.

That’s one of my favorite movie series. Hopefully it will be a worth watch.

Tell me your thoughts after you watched it.

Hi Perry, its the colours of the charts along with standard parabolic SAR depending on where the market is, there is a filter which I see by colour… All programmed myself, rather happy with the result.

Its defo a movie worth watching… I enjoyed it immensely!

Hello Guys,

After the Holidays, the day is expected to contribute to some major moves with the Asian session already giving early signs…