Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Hello chris,

Thanks for the advise. I am already short on this one and 110 pips into profit already. Tightened the SL to BE already as its rather a volatile pair due to limited volumes.
Thanks alot

Dany

The beauty of being a long term trader is that you can always be surprised. Had a long term trade last month that I forgot to close at the end of the monthā€¦Speak about taking things literally" placing and forgetting trades"

Grix

Wow Nice trade Grix. I think itā€™s gonna go further upā€¦

Hi Chris!

Which charting platform provides chart for the indices?

Thanks!

Nice - keep me apprised and lets see how this runs.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello F-ist,

Almost any broker outside of the US should offer indices and CFDs, like FXCM UK or Australia, or FXPro.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Chris and Others,

Any trading ideas for today and for coming days ?

Most of the pairs trending in the opposite direction compared to last week.

am keeping my eyes specially on Gold & EU

Happy trading Guys
Alan

Markets quiet today, but my gold short at $1415 is working out well, up already about $20 so hopefully you got in some of that.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Chris,

Nice to hear that your Gold trade working out nicely. Hope gains will extend further.

Cheers Mate
Alan

Hello Traders,

Just an update on the Gold Engulfing Bar trade from this weeks market commentary:

We recommended selling at 1415, and the PM didnā€™t disappoint, hitting the level, going about $1.50 above, then selling off over $28, offering a nice 3:1 reward to risk play, so I hope you profited from that as many price action traders did (chart below).

The pair did form a minor HL (higher low), so it could be winding up to attack the level again. Thus watch for failures to breach the 1415/1420 area, targeting 1390, and 1363.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi Chris
That was a very precise prediction you made on that gold trade, nicely done.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing an Ichimoku trade setup from you. I know you mentioned it in the beginning of the thread, but I haveā€™t seen one yet, unless I missed some pages.

How often do you use it, and with which pairs?

Hello Pipt,

Iā€™m not posting ichimoku trades because the goal of this thread is to stay focused on PA, so donā€™t want to dilute it.

And yes, I use Ichimoku, on JPY pairs and most majors - pretty much daily.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Thanks for the quick response.

Any particular timeframe you favour?

30m/1hr/4hr, but they are tailored for my specific strategies

Well, one upside to the 10 days of Monsoon-like rainsā€¦is I donā€™t have to maintain the Infinity Pool :-ooo

Only 4 more days to go!

What are we looking at here Chris, where was this picture taken?

This is the infinity pool in my house. Just past that is the Marina.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Looks like a real ghetto :slight_smile:
You should move to a better neighbourhood.

Oh I have no plans to leave the Caribbean. Me likes it here

Caribbean? Ok, now I am really jealous.
Well done to you.