Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Yeah, the Caribbean is pretty magical. Warm clear blue-green waters year round.

Hey Chris,
OMG! Moonsoon in the Caribbeanā€¦feels like asking you WaGwan! Like a Rastaman!
Anywayā€¦ I just wanna update you on my USD/ZAR trade,

After the D1 pinbar at the end of the month, a second Pinbar formed on the downside and seems like its time I tightened the SL.

Well At this point I must say that I have a special liking for south Africa!

Thanks chris! :smiley:

Excellent trade there mate. Also consider a second failure up there if it reveals itself, but nicely done.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Glad I could help mate.

And the Monsoon-Rains continue (image below)

See the angle on those trees???

Glad Iā€™m still here :-ooo

Chris the storm is carrying away your boatā€¦Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhā€¦Happens here daily

Hello Traders,

Instead of posting another trade setup (I know, you are all sighing now :-(((, I wanted to ask a question;

What do you think builds consistency in your trading?

This is a tricky one, so iā€™m curious to see your responses.

Let me know, and for those who have to have a trading signal, check out my section on ā€˜daily signalsā€™ on my site for a setup on the Nikkei.

Looking forward to hearing your answers on this question.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

The only way to get consistent results is to trade consistently! If you take any tom **** harry setups, you are going to get inconsistent results! Period.

I do understand weā€™re always learning new stuff on trading. Thus I suggest trade consistently on your main account with those setups which are your bread and butter!

Those new trading idea, demo it on a separate account. This way, you can keep track of your statistics and still maintain that consistency.

I think the thing that is the most important to achieve consistency in your trading is the right mindset!!! Taking the signals when they appear without hesitation but with a good risk management!!

Happy Pipping, Rob

Hello Chris,

From a personal view, I classify consistency into three parts.

1. As a H4 trader focusing Price Action and Ichimoku, I cap the allowed number of trades to 3 in a week with a target of 100 pips. I donā€™t chase after trades outside the two systems and donā€™t over trade. This means that i am consistent in the target account growth and rarely does is go outside the target range.

2. Consistent in the allowed risk: No exceptions 2% per trade of the account balance max.

3. Discipline: This includes: Fixed lots, lock in of profits once target is achieved, fixed risk, fixed trading sessions.

With these three aspects, a trader with a good system is likely to achieve the desired monetary consistency.

Dany

Well back to the basics with dany. Last week I was sitting with a hedge fund manager and i told him that I would be taking this trade due to the basic reversal double bottom pattern and neckline retest. I still remember the funny look on his face. Well as a matter of fact basics are still very applicable today.

Now five days later here we areā€¦

250 pips and counting.

Depending on the outcomes of the next two fundamental releases, targets have been placed at 1.5580 and 1.5880.

Happy trading guys

Hello Traders,

Some heavy breakouts post ECB meeting. JPY was the big winner on the day, beating up the USD, EUR, GBP and pretty much everything on the block.

USD suffered as well vs. EU and GU.

GU is potentially forming a 4hr pin bar, EU formed a 1hr, so may be a chance for a small move back to 1.32 and 1.3181.
GU is at major resistance, so a 4hr close below 1.56 would be helpful for this pin bar to play out.

5m charts do not support further downsideā€¦yet, but they may, and if so, would suggest a short term move back down to 1.5530.

Perhaps more profit taking and consolidation leading into Asia and NFP tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

a very nice trade indeed - well done!

Hey Traders,

So both EU and GU formed pin bar signals, however one of them (GU), was at a key level. Will this mean a reversal? Iā€™m going with no for two reasons;

1. a look at the intra-day charts with the consolidation suggest more upside as no selling follow-through has come
  2. the large 4hr bar prior to the pin bar suggest heavy buying, thus sellers would have to eat through all those bidders, which I think they will not be able to do (see chart below).

So Ill look for rotations on corrective pullbacks lower to buy the pair for a break of 1.5612, targeting 1.5800.

Good hunting.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE,

DO NOT SHORT ANYTHING WITH USD ON THE BACKSIDE

EU= LONG

Anything/USD = Long

Meltdown is now in process, its going to get nasty crazyā€¦

the next 3-4 weeks, alot of people are going to lose alotttttt of moneyā€¦

Just a heads up,

This is my Own speculation, and wanted to shareā€¦

Hello MNS,

Thanks for sharing - have to agree with you. NFP could be a game changer, but tend to agree with you.

Any charts and specific price action analysis youā€™d like to share?

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Im really serious about this folks,

USD looks to lose 50% of its valueā€¦ By Oct, your $1000 will now be $500ā€¦ I dont really want to say, " Go spend your money while you can", but, I kinda am tellin you thatā€¦

There is a silver lining in all this tho,

USA manufacturing sector will once again pick up, providing millions of job, simply because it will once again be cheaper to produce In the USA, then to send abroad.

Get your 401K, IrA, and whatever else you have money floating around in orderā€¦

This is going to happen all at once too, not a trickle, its going to be a slap, punch, and a kick all in one swift moveā€¦

Hello MNS,

While I appreciate you sharing this, and your thoughts, Iā€™d like to keep the focus of this thread on trading specifically.

Do you have any charts you want to share and discuss the price action around them?

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Not really Chris,

Its just something I wanted to pass along to my fellow traders, as I see it as urgent fundamentals.

Carry on, and great profits to you,

*hatTip