Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Hello Shiha,

This thread here to learn and share things related to price action trading. Not to promote scammers or spammers.

So if you like to learn PA why you try to find other people to trade for you. You are wasting your time and you won’t get anything from such kind of traders.

Be yourself and learn PA. If you need any help feel free to post here.

Nice one Dany. You are a good technical + Fundamental trader. Keep it up mate.

Gonna be monitoring that closely as the market volumes have fallen quite low especially for EUR pairs.

We had higher highs so looks like we are gonna resume with a retrace expected around 1303 I think. Looks like there’s still downward pressure. Im wondering if 1275 is possible.

Hey Guys,

A quick update on my Swissy trade. As predicted, the price bounced off the EMA 20 and has been northward bound with a continuation inside bar set up. This means am gonna be in this trade a little longer. possibly 50 pips more.

DAny

Hello Flam,

Yeah, we are going down. 1.2800 is on the way. Already up 100 Greeny pips from this trade.

Brendad that one good short trade you have there. Looking forward to 1.2800.

Grix

Gonna watch quite closely for the next few days. The last 1275 had strong rejection till 134. Thats 650 pips up! Im expecting retracement soon…

Here is my chart on a demo: I want to test whether my plan works here or not!
Expecting the price in the area of 1.28…since there is a strong resistance there I think!
Appreciate any criticism if I am wrong:

Hey Chris,
What are you think about price action for NZD/USD ? To me it seems like nzd is about to reverse, would be nice to hear your thoughts about the this pair.

Thank you
Russ

Long term, dollar should go to 1.27 maybe too, but, what’s the signal that made you sell here though?!

Seems like the price appears to be consolidating. … wait for lnd or ny for move

Hey Russ,

Since Chris is away on vacation, allow me to give my analysis on the NZD/USD.
The pair has been on a downtrend after the FOMC and just as other dollar pairs, the strengthening of the USD is evident here.
On the NZD/USD, H4 chart, the pair has been below the EMA 20 and so far we have had four candles close above the EMA 20. However on the fixed level 0.7830, that has acted as a resistance and support level and we have seen a pinbar form on the fixed level and the EMA 20 acting as a support.
Hence if we were to look at the H4 only this may be considered as an early reversal sign and we can take long trades above 0.7830 region.

On the Daily time frame, .07830 is maintained as a support/resistance level with the pair failing to close above. looking back at its history around the EMA 20, the pair has only closed above the EMA 20 once in the past 7 weeks.

So as much as we may have the reversal signal on the H4 timeframe, its best to wait until we have a breach and successive close and open on the EMA 20- D1 timeframe and take long trade when the EMA 20 acts as a support.

DAny.
Keep on sharing.

Hello Traders, my home currency( CAD) has been on a gain against the USD.
Looking at very simple price action move that took about 3 days to form.
Firstly the obvious pinbar on the D1, then a confirming bearish engulfing pattern.
On the H4 the market has broken the 20 E Ma and a retest below will prove a good
chance to short the pair,

Happy Hunting

Grixen

Hello Grix,

I also see a really good short opportunity here. But Bears not so strong enough. This looks like a bear trap. Let’s wait for a nice PA setup for a long or short trade.

Good Luck Grix

Fire work expecting soon as we are in the last trading days of this month.

Ya, you caught me right! Yes that was wrong and I should have been wait till 1.2800 area expecting a retrace and then go Long? right?
I wanted to know what to do in such setup and now I got it!

Thanks Konan

I might not be 100% in tune with the material that Mr. Capre is teaching you guys, but, PA in general demands a candle signal like a pinbar or engulfing bar for you to initiate the trade. This is why I was asking you where the signal is, because I never enter a trade based on PA without one…

Hi Shiha
I would like to maintain contact with you. Its lonely doing this project all alone. Need to share ideas and encourage one another. Talk to you soon.

Hello Russ & Traders,

I’m on vacation on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean paying about $30 an hour for internet, so my apologies in being absent. Usually I spend an hour a day just answering emails, so have been unable to answer or even write posts.

Its also been very difficult to follow the markets, save for a few quick looks per day (holy #@(%$&* on gold drop), but I’ll be back to answering your posts, questions, and helping you with your trading by Sunday night or Monday for sure.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding, and I look forward to getting back in my captains chair soon behind my trading station.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre