Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Technically Konan, this is not true per say and a misnomer that’s been perpetrated in the PA threads/ideas out there.

We do not need a pin bar, or engulfing bar, or any special type of bar to initiate a trade.

Why?

Because those bars are the ‘RESULT’ of order flow, not the ‘CAUSE’. They are reactions of buying and selling that are easy to identify, but they are not the only ones needed to execute a trade.

Sometimes they can be useful to initiate ones - other times not at all, nor even present to trade a signal.
Oftentimes you can just trade the level, and use pure price action models (not signal bars which is what these are) to initiate a trade.

If you learn to read the order flow behind the price action using the proper models, then you will not need a signal bar to be an engulfing bar, pin bar, inside bar, or particular candle signal to initiate a trade.

This is something that has been espoused out there by people who try to make PA trading seem simple by using this model, ‘all you have to do is recognize these three signal bars + trend + support’ to make a trade.

If it was only that easy, banks would not be spending 10’s of thousands of dollars and hours training their traders. Some bank traders will have to do 4,000 trades before they can trade the banks money. But…but…but…what about the three simple setups to trading price action is all you need mantra?

Well, you should be asking yourself that same question…if it was that simple and easy, a) the banks wouldn’t have the training they do because it doesn’t take 4,000 trades to master a pin bar, and b) everyone would be making money trading because learning those setups, and the few other things with it would not take long to be really strong at.

Hopefully this clarifies it and gives you some food for thought.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi, Chris. Very interesting indeed. As soon as I finish learning Lite-C prog. language that I need for automating my exits, I will work more on my entries by learning order flow too. Thanks and have fun out there on the cruise and remember to take some pics of bikinis to share with the rest of landlubbers, … :smiley:

how big is the ship btw? Asking just coz I have a friend onboard one of those ( Princess something is the name of ship, or class) , a 6 months part time job for her.

Hi Chris. This is very insightful. I’m trying to digest what you mean by order flow… I would imagine that it is something like looking at the speedometer of a car without knowing where it’s going… a sudden drop to 40 mph from 110 could mean bad traffic ahead or just a momentary slow down to avoid collision. . We will need a lot of information to infer what the driver is gonna do next. Price/speed alone only give some clues…

Nice Explanation Chris. Enjoy your Vacation. See you soon.

Hello Traders,

Is any one trading Gold ?? 1000 level looks obvious. No sign of a reversal at all.

Can we expecting something today ?

That was not based on any PIN bar or Candle pattern rather on expectation to retrace from the tp area! As Mr. Chris explained, I am trying to get it before a signal is formed at my expected zone as I see a support there …

Your expectation was based on “order flow”?

Its interesting (shocking too!) to know $30 an hour for internet. I imagine how those guys providing internet there…may be from the ‘Optical fibre’ that goes under the sea…(just joking)

Enjoy!

Hey traders,
last day of the month and two more hours to market close…
Been a great month for me.

How has it worked out for you so far?

Grix

I took another short at 130 due to the sharp rejection at 131… it will bounce a little more before heading further south I think. July doesnt seem to bide well for the euro… plus the monthly hammer looks ominous.

I think it was on historical support zones! I am still in the process of developing a strategy and for this I need to follow a pair…(that was on demo, just to have a trace to follow the pair…)

It is a good definition andraxania!
keep reading and posting.

Hey Andraxania,
Welcome to the thread, its good to have information on market terms and not paste stuff here. Keep on learning, there is much to read in the thread lots of guys to interact with.

Be Original . Your intro is a copy paste thing to me.

It’s just a PA description and nothing about you. Well Chris is here to do that part.

P.S- Guys. If you google his first sentence you will realize this is what ? I am going to report his post.

Here is a successful naked price action trading by me:
I am sating it successful because I am sure it will hit my tp. Please ignore the upper SL and lower sell order lines. It is a previous wrong order and is not going from the chart!

Hello Guys,

Hope Chris is still enjoying his vacation. Looks like Apex also joined him.

Regarding the market, still no interesting setups for me. May be later today or tomorrow.

Hi USDEURO :slight_smile:
You know you can remove that grid by right clicking on the chart , then click grid?
Unless you like that grid?
It just makes the chart look cleaner, and easier to read.
Just a suggestion…use it, don’t use it…

You like clean charts too…
Any How are fairing on Piptronix,
Grix

Im short euro usd from 1306 because on my charts I see reversal near 13075 area going for 1296. What do you guys think? If theres a miss the reversal will happen later. Near 1315 I think.

You should post your chart and show why you see a reversal at 1.3075, also what time frame are you looking at?

I’m measuring against the down swing from 134 where the price went south more than 400 pips and retraced… Friday’s close was 1/4 above the year’s low when compared to the year’s high. I still feel bearish over the mid term although I expect a higher retracement now given a rather strong 20ema support. Any insights?