Understanding supply and demand

Maybe figured it out, I’ll see after I hit reply, Editing, yep that worked, Kewl.

Kate the attached us from about 11 am CST today on an H2 chart. To me it shows the USDJPY exhausted and about to pivot downward. Now a few hours later a red Doji has formed but no real commitment to a bearish run yet.

What would your S&D chart look like at this time?

Ill just post up a chart then take a look - the Yen is like the ever ready battery but it looks like it is trying to switch momentum

1 Like

Alittle more on Structures that when price is bullish the structures are open at the top and price heads higher out of them, when this occurs we know that the structure is bullish - we cannot trade below it. When the structures are open to the downside, the structure is bearish and we cannot trade above it. We have two areas where we saw price get engulfed and we know when price engulfs it leaves behind opposing orders in this case we are expecting sell orders. When the lows are tipped downwards we can draw that line and clone it to the top and to where we saw price get engulfed or at our overlapping wicks, we want a turning point in the struture. This gives us sliding scale supply as I have said before our charts are not linear and how the institutes scale into positions also is not linear

We are seeing price in supply - I like to see it break bar demand, give us some sort of commitment that the buy orders are exhausted. I like your chart

Kate, I like your charting it gives real meaning to mine, yes I am looking for a commitment of the trend reversing. That was my point. On the 4H chart, the pair is getting the Bollinger squeeze the breakout will show the way it has already had a test. On the D1 Chart, it is teasing a bearish move.

Whats a hoot, I don’t even trade this pair as a rule, but when it breaks I’ll set that aside and trade it…:slight_smile:

Kate thanks for hanging in there with me.

Kat, this is not a pair I normally follow so I had to do some chart wor… LOL on the D7 chart me thinks a triple top is about to be completed. This maybe another week of what am I going to do before I head to the basement. .

No worries. I mainly trade just the majors.

Kate, I just trade USD pairs and have reduced them to just four. I like to basket trade and would trade them all but really tend to get carried away and over trade/gamble by not paying attention to my risk ratio. That said I love looking up trader info and making charts. my opinions are yet to be majorly proven but any time I am very happy to share.

This set up occurred on euro last night. On the 1 hr - the earliest entry after the engulfer at the top was 1.1689 and it dropped down to around 1.1650.

I have learnt more from traders sharing then I have ever learned in a book. I think sharing is invaluable to the community of retail traders…so please do

Hello K, I am an old school guy, and what you have here is waaaaay over my comprehension. But I appreciate the posts anyway.

The Never Why But Always Where VIPER

No I do not believe that TradeViper - I give alot of theory but the chart set up is very basic - If you could draw one line on the low of aussie then cloned it for a rough target - you could enter on an engulfer - these sliding scales are probably the most simplistic I have ever used. Trading View gives a smart tool for SD traders…seriously…they have a Smart Tool and I went to check it out and it was a horizontal line…SD is pretty simple, it is just figuring out which way price action is trading to decide if you want supply or demand

1 Like

Hey K, appreciate it but, nope, never going to sink in, thanks anyway. Once you say engulfing, I think live Rat, SD I think South Dakota, yup not going to work. I think I do the same things, but without the why, only the what.

The Ever Rolling In The Muck And Mire VIPER

Yes it did, and I traded it down for PIPs, I did not trade it back up because of the Doji, I usually get up about 3 AM CST and trade to 5 AM CST. It’s the result of my reduced schedule to not over trade…LOL, but 50 pips daily are ok while I put my training wheels back on.

Before I am learning to trade with demand and supply theory, I learned to trade with trying some kinds indicator, but what trading result still can`t make satisfaction, then after reading article about demand and supply theory, then I am trying to learn how to trading based on this theory, but indeed not easy and required long time trading experience to making better trading result

You are correct it is not easy but once you have the skills it is worth it

lol no worries, its all good. This topic is supply and demand but really its about being able to get that car from A to B without crashing

50 pips daily is seriously good

Where do you get information about supply and demand, if you have only price history and tick data at your disposal. Make guesses based on the price action?

Thank you Kate, I really don’t know what is good, just trying to be consistent, the rest will follow.

Compared to many of my trading associates I am at the lower portion of the totem pole. However I have discovered that trying to grow to fast can be oh so detrimental to my trading. Being a very competitive person it was and is hard to just be me.