US Dollar Index

Does anyone in the whole wide world of Baby Pips know how I can view the USDX chart on a time frame under the daily??

The broker I demo with, Oanda, doesn’t offer USDX at all so I created a Trading View account and I was so happy until I attempted accessing the hourly chart and realized I couldn’t view anything under the daily chart in connection with the DXY chart.

I am in the United States, I believe that makes a difference.

I will really appreciate some help here, thanks!

And how does USDX differ from DXY? They are the same weighted average of other majors just products for different trading venues maybe.

1 Like

I have no idea, I asked this same question here on BabyPips but no one has answered…

I am not sure if this is going to be of any use to you, but FXCM does a dollar index that can be viewed on all the normal timeframes. I don’t know if the calculation is the same as what you are looking for. And I know that you cannot open a live account in the US with FXCM but you might be able to open a demo account?

Here is an example daily chart of their USDOLLAR index and a 1H chart:

1 Like

@GoViForex You may also check DXY at Investing.com charts. Here are the snapshots of Daily and 1H TF for your review:

Here is the answer to your question:

You may also check further details about other US Dollar Index and their weightage here:

DXY vs USDOLLAR: Dollar Index, a Head-to-Head Comparison by David Rodriguez

3 Likes

Yes Investing.com did allow me to view DXY on the hourly chart and I didn’t even have to create an account.

Thank you!
:pray:

1 Like

However, you may check to creating a Dummy account on XM.com. They also provide data of DX Index, which is US Dollar Future Index.

Edit: You may also view DX (USD Future) Index on Investing.com without opening an account.

Moreover, it is only a suggestion, always try to use BP search bar or Google before asking any question on any forum. Perhaps you may get many helpful answers there.

And if you couldn’t find the proper answer, then you should raise your question on any forum.

Just a suggestion - no criticism.

1 Like