US Stock Market 2017

Well, the US Stock market is on a all time high with the current stock market rally been the biggest in the history a stock market crash of 2018 is certainly up for a cards. Not only these, with Dow jones hitting an all time high the stock market could be bearish on the cards. In addition to this, I was reading this article this morning…

Stock Market Crash 2018: Why the Fundamentals Start Mattering Again

Anyone here think there’s a good chance that there will be a 50% crash in the market next year? Any thoughts on this and how this is going to impact us in real estate?

A 50% drop in the Dow has happened before, it could happen again. But falls like that have in the past taken a long time - many months, typically more than a year.

Whether a price fall lasting over a year is still a “crash” is a matter for your own definition. But it does show that when a “crash” starts, its not that easy to recognise anyway.

No I don’t !

However, I can’t see Bitcoin surviving 2018 at current levels and when that collapses - It may bring a whole new perspective on the way people view “Faith money” overall :thumbsdown:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-Death-Slavery-Destructive-Economics/dp/1897766408/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512777973&sr=1-1&keywords=grip+of+death

The other side of the coin (no pun intended) is Quantative easing and the “strong dollar policy” of the Fed.
The “PPT” which “They” deny the existence of and the fact that due to the abolition of reserve ratio banking, Banks can now type money onto spreadsheets, but do not need any cash to do it, so they will not pay interest - this means those with money have to try to find somewhere to try to make an income off it !

PE ratios are now at levels which would have seemed mean in the “Dot com boom” and the Dow is going parabolic at the rate of 1000 pips a month on 2 - 2.5 times the volume of 2016, for the whole of 2017.

Now should we ask ourselves whether the huge inputs are due to a bubble, or whether they are due to a breath of fresh air with having an Entreprenneur in charge of the Govt, instead of a "PC nitwit " - ?

In answer to you - I don’t really know, but where else are they going to put their money ? You speak of real estate - possible - I know nothing of your property market except that houses get repossessed and sold if you can’t pay the exhorbitant taxes. As far as real estate in USA is concerned - I’d “Flip it” - but not really want to stay in long term - although I could change my mind depending on your “Rental legislation” - ours in UK is draconian and looking to get worse - I got out of rentals 12 years ago !

Having said that, we don’t seem to have had a real recession, since the bankers criminal debacle of 2008/9 and they should happen every 4-5 years

[Edit - Even in 2002/3 and 2008/9 when the crashes occurred - they never made 50% - although 1929 - i believe did and some (I haven’t looked it up)

Thing is I can’t see any real reason why it should happen - unlike the “”""""“Dot com boom” and the Bankers Debacle which we all saw coming.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conquer-Crash-Deflationary-Depression-2002-06-21/dp/B01FIZ4FES/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512780655&sr=1-5&keywords=conquer+the+crash

Martin Weiss was also in the forefront of those forecasting the bank crash and a deflationary depression Years before it happened. ! ]

[Edit 2 - The “Crypto - currencies collapse” is likely to be the big Crash of next year imho - and it could crash “bank money” as well ! ]

The dollar will undoubtedly suffer a sharp fall against the euro, yen and the yuan. Experts say that we change all our assets to other currencies.