Usd/jpy thoughts and onions

My thoughts on this pair. I am seeing regular bearish divergence from the charts. I think the price will drop Monday. Thoughts. Below is my grahp/ Capture

Hi Russo,

I’ve looked at usdjpy, I dont see bearish divergence. Can you point out where and what timeframe you’re looking at?

Do you normally trade divergence in your setups?

Hi tradeforex077,
thank you for your response. Here is an answer to your question. I am looking at the daily charts or D1 on Mt4. Stochastic is set to 14 3 3 or you could do 5 3 3. The divergence starts on Sept 13 roughly based on stoc settings. Am I right?
russo

Hi,

Ok, I see you’re looking at a general divergence over a period of months. The problem with that it you dont know when price will breakdown. It could diverge one more time, how will you know? You cant just jump in because all the other times you would’ve lost money.

One way would be to draw a lower trendline along the bottom of the diverging range and when price breaks out you can go short.

Trend reversals are inherently low probability trades but they can produce steep price changes in a short time. Might be worth setting a sell order some way below current action but be cautious on position sizing and stop-loss. As @tradeforex077 suggests a trend-line might be a guide to entry price level.

Even if you’ve had a profitable long experience during this uptrend, don’t let that make you complacent with regards the short’s size or risk. Also, don’t assume even if this uptrend fails it absolutely must become an equally strong downtrend, that rarely happens.

Just had a look at the charts on a top down approach, above key trend lines EMA in sync and above ichimoku cloud on 1 hr , with room to move a good 60 to 80 pips to next S&R line so would be incline to look a long up to around 10966, With that said the market will do what it likes and we can only give best guess based on the info at hand