USDX indicator in Strategy trader

Hello John,
I am looking for a USDX indicator in Strategy Trader. I went though the Daily Fx forum and there doesn’t seem to be one to download.
Can you provide me if you have USDX as an indicator on ST if you know one exists?

Price Index for US dollar.

Waseem

Hi Waseem,

Thanks for the question. FXCM has an actual USDOLLAR index product you can trade if your account is with FXCM UK, so there’s no need for a separate indicator. The official name of the index is the Dow Jones FXCM US Dollar Index. We launched the dollar index in partnership with Dow Jones last year and it values the dollar against 4 other currencies: Euro, British Pound, Australian Dollar, and Japanese Yen. Here’s where you can find more information on the make-up. Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index Basket | FXCM

Keep in mind that the Dow Jones FXCM US Dollar Index is different from the US Dollar Index futures contract on the ICE. Both track the value of the USD but against different currencies and amounts. I know you asked about Strategy Trader, but the Trading Station Desktop platform has a custom indicator that attempts to create the USDX chart via a custom indicator FXCodeBase.COM: Forex Chart Indicators and Development • View topic - US Dollar Index [Upd May, 05].

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any questions.

Jason