Useful technical analysis books

Can anyone recommend a good book RE technical analysis?

Thanks

1 Like

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy

1 Like

Really, it’s a good trading eBook! I have read this one my early stage of learning.

1 Like

Then you can read ‘Charting and Technical Analysis’ by Fred McAllen.

I suggest you don’t.

It’s horrible, self-published rubbish.

There’s no index. There’s no contents page. There has been no editing. It isn’t even spellchecked!!

One of the worst I’ve seen.

I suggest you stick to books published professionally, because their content has also been edited and thought about.

3 Likes

A friend of mine gave me this book. I haven’t started reading it yet but I’m hoping it’s a good one.

One of the 2 star reviews says :

" You have to wait till chapter 10 before you see something unique to the book. The other chapters are spent talking about what you can read up on most forex websites. The last two chapters 9&10 are spent on know thy self, analysis, setups and strategy. The setups/analysis is mainly based on bollinger bands. Not exactly keen on Bollinger bands, so my interest was nil. If you are a complete beginner to forex, this book may be useful…maybe…"

Give it back mate - or sell it on ebay ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not terrible in the sense that (unlike one or two mentioned above) at least it’s not full of misinformation.and incompetence.

And it’s much better than his other book - the one he co-authored with someone called Kathy Lien (certainly an author to avoid!).

2 Likes

no i can’t recommend one cuz i don’t remember if any of them was useful

1 Like

Very kind of you to take the trouble to mention it, though. Most helpful, I’m sure.

1 Like

and so far you most helpful to quoting me to mention that im sure

and i forgot its your job to throw (rubbish) the word to anyone you like to
thats how you know its useful an helpful comment guys take note

Same experience; I think using old threads of popular forums like BabyPips, ForexFactory are much useful than reading any trading eBook.

The best book Edwards, Robert D. (Robert Davis), 1893-
Technical analysis of stock trends / Robert D. Edwards, John Magee, W.H.C.
Bassetti.

Well; I respect your opinion; but this book helped me that’s way I mentioned the name! Thank you.

I guess the reviews are not that bad. I’ll give this book a try and thanks for your feedback, Falstaff! :slight_smile:

To be honest, you got t for free - it’s worth looking to see - Haven’t you done that yet ?e

1 Like

Getting Started In Technical Analysis is a good book for gaining huge knowledge. You need to impliment this knowledge more and more in order to develop a good strategy according to your personality.

Hi LaughingCharlie! Thank you for your feedback regarding the book. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not yet :pensive:

I’ve been busy lately with stuff. Hopefully, I can squeeze in more time reading forex books in the next few days.