Using cryptocurrencies as a way to keep testing my strategy during weekends?

I’ve been looking at BTCUSD lately, and I couldn’t help but notice that the price action is pretty similar to what you would expect from a forex pair. Price reacts in the same way it does to forex, at least on a technical level, and I find that I could probably apply my price action approach to this market as well.

I know this is a forex forum, but I’m not asking about crypto trading in specific. What I am asking is whether or not I could use my price action strategy (which is as basics as it gets, using supports/resistances and candlesticks) on BTCUSD or even ETHUSD. On a demo account, obviously.

The point of this would be to keep testing my strategy even during weekends, and on different market conditions (have you seen the size of these candles? Jeez).

1 Like

Hi @giovannicali,

Many members of this forum are interested in cryptocurrencies, so there’s even a dedicated section to discuss them: Bitcoin Talk and Cryptocurrencies - BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum

Leverage magnifies gains and losses. You don’t have to use the same degree of leverage when trading cryptocurrencies as you use when trading forex. FOREX.com offers clients a maximum of 4:1 leverage to trade Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple.

Of course, it’s possible to trade forex and cryptocurrencies without leverage. You may find this earlier post interesting where we compare the volatility of trading Bitcoin without leverage to the volatility of trading EUR/USD with 14:1 leverage: Volatility of Bitcoin vs. EUR/USD

1 Like