Using metatrader 4 with IG

I’ve been trading using IG for a couple of years and deal directly using the IG app. I am considering now using the option of using MT4 to do my trading with IG continuing as my broker. I want to use MT4 so I can then set up copy trading to a demo account for FTMO to see if my day to day trading would get me funded.

What I can’t find out is if I solely use MT4 can I still access the charts, the news and the signals I currently see trading directly on the IG app. Also are there any cons that I should know about if I did use MT4 as opposed to directly?

Any one know?

Many thanks

Hi. The IG MT4 platform is independent from the app which you can still use. Whether you can set up copy trading on the demo account, you better contact their support desk.

I’m not a great fan of MT4 because its chart TF’s are limited and some indicators are out of date. I trade MT5 instead.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer MT4 over IG’s charts?

Thanks unfortunately IG don’t offer MT5.

I would only use mt4 and then use a trade copier to trade initially on FTMO demo account,

I just don’t want to lose the IG charts and news.

I much prefer IG charts and the up to date news linked to each chart. They also include signals for each chart but these always seem to be wrong!!!

Their signal service?

Signals based on what strategy? I don’t know anything about signal service, sorry.

I have no idea what their signals is based on. If you look at the charts on a web browser there is a section with signals.

1 Like

I tried to download MT4 for IG but never managed to make it functional. IG have their own Protrader-thing which I think is supposed to ne like MT4 but I didn’t get on with that either - way to much screen info and not very intuitive. I just stick with IG in-house platform/charts - I think they are really simple and nice to use. Can’t really think of anything else i’d particularly want from trading software as i’m not into algos/automated trading or anything like that.

1 Like

I’m confused. Why trade their signals if you don’t know what they’re based on?