Using Traders Dynamic Index

So I downloaded a Kindle book because it was cheap. The author outlined a trading system that used the Traders Dynamic Index, or TDI.

This was my first exposure to TDI. When I opened MetaTrader4 and looked for a TDI indicator there wasn’t one. I had to hunt for one, downloaded it and import it.

As I’m looking around on the web i’m not finding a whole lot of stuff on TDI. Is this indicator “all that” or can I pass on TDI?

So I’ve been doing some more reading… Is the TDI really just a Relative Strength Index, two moving averages, and a Bollinger Band?

Is it just another moving averages crossover set up? Don’t those not work anymore?

Or is there something more to it that I’m not seeing?

Am I better off posting questions on r/FOREX?

Check out this guy’s web site, you’ll find some info on the TDI and how he suggests it be used. With a strong understanding of the TDI, it could be a helpful tool in trend following.

http://compassfx.com/compass/tdipro/

Thanks d-pip. I’ll check that site.

Hi Fellow Traders,

I am in a newbie to trading and I am learning on how to find an EA that I can stick to and hopefully be able to even automate trading using it. I came across some interesting reviews concerning the TDI Indicator and I was wondering if someone has been using it and how has been their experience and secondly does anyone already have it coded in Python as I will attempt to use it for Algo trading?

Thanks a lot