Valid Inside Bars

Hi All,

I have been looking around this forum and forex factory for a while now. I have come accross a few what look to be profitable systems. Trading the inside bar or outside bar is one of them.

Although I have had two different opinions on what an inside bar looks like:

Which one of the following pictures are valid inside bars? I have atatched a picture to help

1. As you can see the body of the candle is inside the body of the previous candle - but the wick is not

2. As you can see both the body of the candle and the wick are inside the previous candle

Thankyou in advance

John

Attached is the definition that James uses in his thread. However, there are no set in stone rules in trading.
The long lower wick on nr 1 suggests a powerful shift in sentiment, so I personally would trade such a signal. Perhaps go down a timeframe or two and look for confirmation.

1 Like

Hi o990l6mh,

Thanks for your response - Looking at the picture has explained everything.

Thanks for your input

John

Hi there

Its amazing how the most usefull infomation people need to be a successfull trader is the least read.

That must be why only 5% are successfull, 95% love to follow strategies that say do this and use that indicators.

Inside, outside, gimme bars, and what I call pin bar, as in your example must be the most accurate indications there is.

Happy trading.

Hi MattW2009

Oringinally from Joe Ross, trading naked.

Google it, its very good.

Cheers Lino