Good day to all.
I have 2 live accounts with Vantage FX and as of today I would say I am most pleased with their service, both in execution and in quality.
I came from a prop trading background, and now I own a firm trading our internal funds. Having traded for a decade now and having tried various brokers, both institutional and retail, I would describe Vantage FX as a “Retail Broker with near institutional quality”. The service quality kind of reminds me of Hotspot Institutional, yet without the need to deposit a million.
Initially being rather skeptical of their services, I set out to systematically try out this broker.
A few concepts were being tested, and the results, most satisfying:
- Small lot size execution (0.01 to 1 lot) – No problem
- Larger lot size execution (5 lots and above) – No Problem
- Various common strategies including scalping to position trades – All acceptable
- Spreads – Had a few tests on events and the spread widened a bit for a moment but this is really acceptable. Most of time, spreads on EUR/USD remains between 0.6 – 1.5pips, variable.
- Commission – I guess I am too used to a ECN broker and when I was told there is no commission other than the relatively small spread I was exalted
- Requotes – We got it a few times, but not a big problem
- EAs- We ran EAs on it and it does not have a problem at all. S/L and T/P can be attached to an entry order, unlike some other brokers
- Slippage – Minimal at best even on market execution
- Margin call mechanism – Margin call warnings were issued before force liquidation, which is a great feature
- Real credit bonus – Their credit bonus of 10% is real. It is not removed when account drops to a certain value.
- Stop loss – The stop loss fill rate was fantastic. Very surprising for a MT4 broker. In addition, one can put a stop loss a few pips below entry price. I have known many MT4 brokers which do not allow that.
Customer service was also excellent. Mr. Damien and Mr. Jacobus were very friendly in their service. Requests such as change of leverage and opening of new accounts were done relatively quickly and calls were made to ensure open communications. This is good because many brokers will not call after they manage to solicit your money, or after you have blown your account (by which during the test it was purposely done so) this is probably because they do not care about their clients. And I feel that Vantage FX does care about the longevity of their clients’ accounts.
As such, I recommend anyone from starting traders to market professionals to give VantageFX a chance and feel the excellent service for them.