Violation of our privacy

As is often the case we just click the unavoidable banner that comes up regarding the so called privacy policy just in order to get the annoyance off of the screen. I took the time to actually read it and must caution everyone it would be much more accurate for them to call it “our violation or your privacy policy” I cannot understand how it is a requirement or even mandatory that they collect such detailed information on us as noted in the policy. I encourage everyone using this site to actually read and understand exact levels of detailed and personal information that they are obtaining.

Regards

Once you accept the agreement with the broker it is technically no longer a violation of privacy, as it is assumed that you did fully read and understand each agreement (including the minuet part). Unless you create a fake persona, there is no way to avoid the privacy policy, etc.

Facebook, Google same story. Am I paranoid about providing my real information? Well I choose to provide very little where I can (F&G) but I’m not so worried about my info leaking out in open space or being used maliciously by these companies.

neither am i

my worry is that they can be maliciously hacked and my data released that way

No - I don’t think you are !

When I read xeven’s post, I thought he was referring to Babypips’ privacy policy – i.e., this one
https://www.babypips.com/privacy

JoshRSA obviously thought he was referring to a broker’s privacy policy – which is a different issue altogether.

So, I guess we have to ask xeven: Whose privacy policy were you referring to?

In general, the Terms and Conditions and the Terms of Use which we all have to agree to, in order to access certain websites, or use certain apps, are One-Sided Agreements written to protect and indemnify the websites and the creators of the apps – and to deny to us, the users, any rights or recourse whatsoever.

Those documents are typically so long, and so mind-numbingly legalistic, that most of us don’t even read them. When was the last time you read all that fine-print in order to be able to click the button to upgrade your antivirus app, or your Java app?

If you’re like me, you just click the button that says “I have read and accept the Terms of Use”, and you move on. What nasty little traps and pitfalls do we routinely and unwittingly expose ourselves to?

I make the assumption that everyone I deal with is spying on me, and trying to collect information that I would never offer up voluntarily.

And I make that assuption about Babypips, as well as every broker I have dealt with.

I use the Epic Privacy Browser for almost everything I do online. And, every time I open a new tab, Epic tells me how many “tracking attempts” it has blocked. Numbers like 150 or 200 are not uncommon. But still, I assume that I am being watched. To assume anything less would be stupid, in my opinion.

And I assume that Google is second only to the National Security Agency in collecting, saving, and using for their own purposes, information about me.

The NSA – for those of you not in the U.S., who may not be familiar with their methods – captures every telephone conversation, the text of every email, and every computer search of every American – and, possibly, of much of the rest of the world, as well – every day.

There’s a reason that there are 14 acres of computer servers buried beneath the NSA’s headquarters building on the Fort Meade army base in Maryland, and a much larger facility somewhere in Utah.

Just because I’m paranoid, that doesn’t mean they aren’t spying on me.

2 Likes

If only we didn’t have to provide any information for what we sign up to hey. I’m so tired of these drones watching my every move. Obtaining information about me that I never provided like my shoe size. Why do some first world countries have to be such nosey parkers ?

I completely agree that we are all being watched.

Wondering who is making these tracking attempts and for what purpose? I can’t understand what do these organisations actually want from us ordinary people…it is very annoying.