Visually Impaired - Legal Disability while trading

Hi there

I have been trading since 2008, just in time for the meltdown of 2009. Long story short, I need Cornea Transplants, meaning that my vision is at the bottom of the toilet. At first this was a handicap, I raked up losses due to lack of vision and yet determined to trade no matter what. Now that my vision is on 10% I am winning my trades by 1 loss out of 4 by average.

Reason? A traders biggest influence is perception and perception of data received. Due to my limitation I had to scale back on how fast I can respond to data received. As such I developed a new trading system based on my lack of responding quickly to info. Everything was trail and error and hurt my account. Then I realized that I need to use my strength in not seeing well and responding slowly.

I setup my MetaTrader 5 for maximum contrast and used GBP/JPY, USD/CHF and AUD/CHF as my baseline for my improvised trading. First I traded the GBP/JPY on 1Hour using an EMA, 1Hour time frame top and bottom Horizontal Line and the Babypips favorites 100 and 200 SMA. I seldom traded, just observed. After 1 week I moved the GBP/JPY to 2Hour timeframe and introduced the USD/CHF on 1Hour.

Long story short: My disability taught me a form of patience that I never would have known. It taught me to observe without seeing.

Currently my GBP/JPY is on 3Hours, USD/CHF on 2Hours and AUD/CHF on 1Hour. I am making $17 on a good day and losing $2 on a bad day. This is not a “I am good rant”, trust me…I can lose $17 a day easy. This is not about the money…This is me sharing with visually impaired people. I have a Tour International BMW that I have not driven in 2 years. Trading has taught me how to adapt and be patient. Scale up the time frames, not down.

Please Babypips, make a visual impaired friendly version of your website, otherwise…I solute you.