Volume with tradingview?

Hey folks! I have a question regarding the volume indicator on tradingview. I am curious how it is calculated? Also, when I go to a green bar, underneath the indicator it shows a green number and an orange number (the average I think) But what are these numbers supposed to be? Also, and more importantly, I am looking for tick volume with tradingview…does such a thing exist? I am unable to find it, it seems.

Sorry for the rough English, It’s not my first language. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. If I don’t make sense, I can try to elaborate.

There is no volume reported with forex. Your volume indicator is tick volume. I’m not sure what the green and orange numbers are. The default volume indicator on tradingview colors a bar red if the close is down and green if the close is up. You may have a different indicator which is showing volume split between the bid and ask.

If you load a chart and add the volume indictor and don’t see anything it means the broker feed you are using doesn’t report tick volume (forex.com as an example). Switching to a different broker (Oanda for example) will show tick volume.

1 Like