Want your first Million?! Look here how much it is worth!

So, you want to be a Millionaire but you don’t want to wait too long. I have a selection over here to see in which country you can call yourself a millionaire at this moment (Based on your nett equity). Take your pick and work your way up!

In countries with hyperinflation, you can be a millionaire very easily. Even billionaire!!!

Your chart doesn’t show the real hyper-inflation in Zimbabwa.

According to your chart, 1 euro = 477,194 ZWD (Zimbabwean dollars)

(or 477.194 ZWD, as you Europeans prefer to write it).

However, 4 years ago, at the end of 2008, 1 euro = approximately 100 trillion ZWD.

Nevertheless, nice chart!

For being such a good poster, here’s your tip (gratuity, kick-back, whatever) —

Thanks! Cool huh…:slight_smile: Yes, I know about the mega inflation. However, they did scratch away a couple of zeros…

Redenomination

At independence in 1980, the Zimbabwe dollar became the common currency. Originally, the paper notes were Z$20, 10, 5, and 2, and the coins were Z$1, and 50, 20, 10, 5, and 1 cents. As larger bills were needed to pay for menial amounts, the Central Bank of Zimbabwe planned to print and circulate denominations of up to Z$10, 20, 50, and 100 trillion.[33] Announcements of new denominations were increasingly frequent; the Z$200,000,000 bill was announced just days after the printing of the Z$100,000,000 bill.

The government did not attempt to fight inflation with fiscal and monetary policy. In 2006, before hyperinflation reached its peak, the bank announced it would print larger bills to buy foreign currencies. The Reserve Bank printed a Z$21 trillion bill to pay off debts owed to the International Monetary Fund.[citation needed]

On three occasions, the Central Bank of Zimbabwe redenominated the currency. First, in August 2006, the Central Bank recalled notes in exchange for new notes with three zeros slashed from the currency.[34] In July 2008, the governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, Gideon Gono, announced a new Zimbabwean dollar, this time with 10 zeros removed. The Z$10 billion would be redenominated to be Z$1.[35] This move was not just to slow inflation but also to make computations more manageable.[36]

A third redenomination, producing the “fourth Zimbabwe dollar,” occurred in February 2009, and dropped 12 more zeros from the currency. It was thus worth 10 trillion trillion original dollars, as the three redenominations together reduced the value of an original dollar by 103 * 1010 * 1012 = 1025.

Now it stands:

1.00 EUR = 476,904 ZWD

Which is Bogus of course…:slight_smile: But I just used it for the chart.

So your tip is worth: EUR 209.686.000.000!!! Woot!, I think I am gonna retire now! (Unfortunately it dates befor 2009…:()